New toy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matthat

Über Member
I generally agree with cybernight but i've been out for 6 or 7 hrs and just had gps running on phone with no data or wifi in background and still got home with a decent amount of battery left. If you were to stop and play and use camera and play with maps etc using data then that would make a big difference.
I had been hoping to do c2c last weekend and probably would have invested in a garmin for that but for my general day 2 day rides and longer rides on my day off then i'll just stick with phone for now.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
quote I always wanted to be able to find my way through places like Glasgow without getting lost, and without carrying a big heavy A to Z; now I can. unquote

I didnt know the edge 200 could be used for finding your way.Does it show maps or use direction arrows ?

lukesdad

quote I always wanted to be able to find my way through places like Glasgow without getting lost, and without carrying a big heavy A to Z; now I can. unquote

I didnt know the edge 200 could be used for finding your way.Does it show maps or use direction arrows ?
You'll be able to get a smaller saddlebag now banj' :biggrin:

Does it show maps or use direction arrows ?

It uses what Garmin call a 'breadcrumb trail' like this, (image 3 below). Works a treat IME and I'd recommend the Edge 200 to anyone who doesn't want HR and Cadence.

edge200_SS.jpg

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Could be ideal for me, I dont bother with cadence or HR. So basically do you just go left or right to keep the arrow on the line?

Could be ideal for me, dont bother with cadence or HR. So basically do you just go left or right to keep the arrow on the line?

Yup. You follow the arrow, and when you're approaching a junction it shows the turn you need to make.

If you miss the turn it beeps and the display shows course alert. It continues to beep until you get back on course.

Superb piece of kit, end of :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member

SmokeySmoo has pretty much covered the answer. The Edge 200 does not have maps, or even a facility for installing maps (you would need to go to the Edge 800 for that IIRC, at a greatly enhanced price!). For the Edge 200, you plan your route on the Garmin website, then upload it (or do you download? Techie stuff is not my forte :whistle:) to your device. Select the route and start pedaling, following the directional arrows as you go.

Nick Stone

Use some of the functions on garmin connect as well I track weight and it does a good compare or my commutes as well, so I can group so many and compare. Use Strava as well but yet to get a KOM ( never will) but its all a blast, the 200 rocks, it's my little cycling buddy

Top Bottom