New Trike Rider Bedford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

Good on you @Mini58 . Hello and welcome, happy triking, or is it benting? Anyway hope it wasn’t bent after the crash.

Triking or Benting that is the question - answers on a postcard please - cause I don’t know.

m6mal

where's me bike
I am from Kettering which makes us about 25 miles apart. Got my KMX X class about 5 weeks ago and and been busy fitting a computer and making a sensor bar, fitted an alarm, made a front light bracket, added some reflective strip to it and the wheels. I have made my own flag and pole and just finished making a light bar for the rear lights. Just waiting for a warm day and then test it

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

I am from Kettering which makes us about 25 miles apart. Got my KMX X class about 5 weeks ago and and been busy fitting a computer and making a sensor bar, fitted an alarm, made a front light bracket, added some reflective strip to it and the wheels. I have made my own flag and pole and just finished making a light bar for the rear lights. Just waiting for a warm day and then test it
Nice to hear from you - warmer weather is good - meet for a run when it arrives

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

Over 100 miles on the first week with my trike. Not very fast slow indeed 7.7 miles per hour ( Tigerbiten will testify to that - thanks again) - but hey got to start somewhere. ^_^

Will that's a lot more miles than I've done on my recumbent. At most 3 miles. It's sat outside under a tarp as I've nowhere else to put it.

7.7mph? That's only just slower than our family riding speed at 8 - 9mph.

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

Will that's a lot more miles than I've done on my recumbent. At most 3 miles. It's sat outside under a tarp as I've nowhere else to put it.

7.7mph? That's only just slower than our family riding speed at 8 - 9mph.
Many thanks for your support my friend

m6mal

where's me bike
I bought mine to get out and about whilst getting some excercise while my wife is at work, I am a house husband basically (thats what it says on my marriage certificate). I last worked in 2007 aged 51 but was dismissed from my job ( my second wife had a lot to do with that but thats another story) and the management made life difficult for me until the day i told the manager to f@@k off and tried desperately to get a job when i was living in Worcester (worst place i ever lived 2004 to 2011 and glad to be back in my own manor lol). My second wife tried to bluff me and told me she wanted me out, so i took the opportunity to move back this way lol. I moved to Kettering and tried desperately and my present wife to be at the time told me to give up and be a house husband as she saw i was getting down and she realised that being in my mid 50s that i had little chance. Why am i telling you this, well being at home all day and only going out once a week with the wife maybe to the shops etc and she drives and i obviously cannot make her walk, and going to see family etc, well i am getting zero excercise and as soon as my trike is finished to my liking and the warmer weather comes, i will be out on it. So i am 0ver 61 now and knock kneed knackered old nosebag who is semi-retired ( yep i get some pension from a private one, i do not sponge off the state as i do not claim benefits or sign on the dole) lol. Now i hear you guys, well some of you clock over a hundred miles a week but me being 16st 5lb and get puffed out getting on and off my trike will take ages to do that. I think i will try a couple of miles at a time or until i get puffed out and i am sure things will then improve. I remember buying a pushbike in the early 90s and riding to work twice a day ( i came home dinner) and back twice obviously lol and it was 2 miles each way and hilly and my legs were like jelly and i had to do my job lol. It took 3 weeks to get accustomed to it although i ever only knew one speed and that was go fast in the hard gear 5th and get to work in 10 mins lol. I may be too ashamed after seeing all your brilliant efforts to post or talk about my riding journeys incase i get laughed at.

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

I bought mine to get out and about whilst getting some excercise while my wife is at work, I am a house husband basically (thats what it says on my marriage certificate). I last worked in 2007 aged 51 but was dismissed from my job ( my second wife had a lot to do with that but thats another story) and the management made life difficult for me until the day i told the manager to f@@k off and tried desperately to get a job when i was living in Worcester (worst place i ever lived 2004 to 2011 and glad to be back in my own manor lol). My second wife tried to bluff me and told me she wanted me out, so i took the opportunity to move back this way lol. I moved to Kettering and tried desperately and my present wife to be at the time told me to give up and be a house husband as she saw i was getting down and she realised that being in my mid 50s that i had little chance. Why am i telling you this, well being at home all day and only going out once a week with the wife maybe to the shops etc and she drives and i obviously cannot make her walk, and going to see family etc, well i am getting zero excercise and as soon as my trike is finished to my liking and the warmer weather comes, i will be out on it. So i am 0ver 61 now and knock kneed knackered old nosebag who is semi-retired ( yep i get some pension from a private one, i do not sponge off the state as i do not claim benefits or sign on the dole) lol. Now i hear you guys, well some of you clock over a hundred miles a week but me being 16st 5lb and get puffed out getting on and off my trike will take ages to do that. I think i will try a couple of miles at a time or until i get puffed out and i am sure things will then improve. I remember buying a pushbike in the early 90s and riding to work twice a day ( i came home dinner) and back twice obviously lol and it was 2 miles each way and hilly and my legs were like jelly and i had to do my job lol. It took 3 weeks to get accustomed to it although i ever only knew one speed and that was go fast in the hard gear 5th and get to work in 10 mins lol. I may be too ashamed after seeing all your brilliant efforts to post or talk about my riding journeys incase i get laughed at.

I for one will not be laughing at anybody. I left the NHS a year ago 16 stone and over weight my trike and loosing weight is part my retirement plan so I have a lot of time running up and down the local cycle path. ( no hills yet). Just do what you can when you can. Cheer mate.

m6mal

where's me bike
thankyou both for your kind words. Talking of cycle tracks..... i apart from looking on google earth in street view went for a ride in our town and surrounding area, i am glad to say there are loads of cycle paths we did not even know were there. I reckon i only have about 300 yards to ride and there are 2 cycle paths straight away for me to use. There are paths from kettering to Rushden with one or 2 gaps, Kettering to Geddington, Kettering to Walgrave turn, Kettering to Barton Seagrave and most of Kettering, my wife works at the local tesco superstore and she saw a maintenance man from Wicksteed Park and she asked him about bikes n trikes n he said you can bike n trike around there and the lake as long as you dont go to the swings area (kids areas and shops). Also we know of one trike rider in kettering and she served him for the first time and mentioned me and my trike and he was happy to hear there are now 2 of us lol

I may be too ashamed after seeing all your brilliant efforts to post or talk about my riding journeys incase I get laughed at.
Nobody will laugh at you for getting out.
One advantage of a trike is it has no minimum speed, so going slow is easier than going fast .... :laugh:

I'm planning to go through Kettering on friday as part of my fitting program if the weathers reasonable.
Drop me a PM in my inbox if you want to meet up.

Luck ........ ^_^

m6mal

where's me bike
I'm planning to go through Kettering on friday as part of my fitting program if the weathers reasonable.
Drop me a PM in my inbox if you want to meet up.

I am still getting my trike ready to go at the moment and it is a bit too cold for me. You can pop round for a chat if you like as it would be nice to see your trike

Top Bottom