New Trike Rider Bedford

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by Mini58, 1 Feb 2018.

1. m6mal

m6mal Well-Known Member

tnx for the offer mate, i think i have a few things to sort with mine as the seat seems to be too far back and i dont think the guy knew what he was doing etc. i think it is rideable in this position but as my frame has a join underneath on this model where he put the seat is a few milimeters thinner and should be on the thicker part as the seat seems to have some play

biggs682 likes this.
  2. Time Waster

Time Waster Well-Known Member

Who cares if ppl you dont know laugh at you. They won't! My lass said ppl looked at me like i was special and wasn't it good I got out like that. Well I didnt see them I was too busy having fun.

That's what its really about, fun!

classic33, m6mal and FishFright like this.
  3. Anarco

Anarco Member

Keep on trikin .......getting stronger ....22 miles will soon seem like a breeze....good on yu !

m6mal likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

You know what Anarco you are correct - did 17 miles at lunch time testing out my new toy: Terrano X intercoms between my wife and they worked great bit of a pain putting them together and getting linked in but once working they were good. Oh and the 17 miles: that was easy as you say - getting stronger.

5. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

Did Strava 100km yesterday all good apart from my bum and the last 10 miles. The 6th of May approaches LEJOG.

JhnBssll likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

Got a cushion ( waterproof) on Amazon - going to try it out on 17th - going to do another 100 km and report back on the condition of me bum ( I am now an official member of the SAS - sore arse society)

7. mrandmrspoves

mrandmrspoves Middle aged bald git.

Generally speaking, sore behinds are something that you leave behind when you stop riding upwrongs and enter the world of Bents. My guess would be that something needs adjusting to get your comfort sorted....It could be choice of attire rather than on the trike. Certainly I have completed 2 100 mile rides within a week and not had even the slightest hint of soreness or chaffing. (Sadly, the 100 milers were a year or 2 ago ......not managed those distances recently)

8. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

You are correct of course; thankfully this soreness is not chaffing no cream required- it is I think just sitting in one place for so long. Just got a cushion to make that event more comfortable - if the cushion does not work I will require a weekly massage when completing my LEJOG. - volunteers please reply below.

9. m6mal

m6mal Well-Known Member

what sort of price did you pay for the Ice Adventure

10. m6mal

m6mal Well-Known Member

just out of interest, do you sell trikes

biggs682 likes this.
  11. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

Not so far , but never say never

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice