New Trike Rider Bedford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m6mal

where's me bike
@m6mal if you want a ride before your trike is finished by all means give me a shout and you can borrow one of my fleet if they fit you ie 5ft 10" +

tnx for the offer mate, i think i have a few things to sort with mine as the seat seems to be too far back and i dont think the guy knew what he was doing etc. i think it is rideable in this position but as my frame has a join underneath on this model where he put the seat is a few milimeters thinner and should be on the thicker part as the seat seems to have some play

Who cares if ppl you dont know laugh at you. They won't! My lass said ppl looked at me like i was special and wasn't it good I got out like that. Well I didnt see them I was too busy having fun.

That's what its really about, fun!

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

Keep on trikin .......getting stronger ....22 miles will soon seem like a breeze....good on yu !
You know what Anarco you are correct - did 17 miles at lunch time testing out my new toy: Terrano X intercoms between my wife and they worked great bit of a pain putting them together and getting linked in but once working they were good. Oh and the 17 miles: that was easy as you say - getting stronger.

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

Got a cushion ( waterproof) on Amazon - going to try it out on 17th - going to do another 100 km and report back on the condition of me bum ( I am now an official member of the SAS - sore arse society)

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Generally speaking, sore behinds are something that you leave behind when you stop riding upwrongs and enter the world of Bents. My guess would be that something needs adjusting to get your comfort sorted....It could be choice of attire rather than on the trike. Certainly I have completed 2 100 mile rides within a week and not had even the slightest hint of soreness or chaffing. (Sadly, the 100 milers were a year or 2 ago ......not managed those distances recently)

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

Generally speaking, sore behinds are something that you leave behind when you stop riding upwrongs and enter the world of Bents. My guess would be that something needs adjusting to get your comfort sorted....It could be choice of attire rather than on the trike. Certainly I have completed 2 100 mile rides within a week and not had even the slightest hint of soreness or chaffing. (Sadly, the 100 milers were a year or 2 ago ......not managed those distances recently)
You are correct of course; thankfully this soreness is not chaffing no cream required- it is I think just sitting in one place for so long. Just got a cushion to make that event more comfortable - if the cushion does not work I will require a weekly massage when completing my LEJOG. - volunteers please reply below.

m6mal

where's me bike
Just picked up my new Ice Adventure from D-Tek (great service from Kevin by the way could not have been more supportive) - are there any other Trikers in Bedford? Anyway nice to meet you all.

what sort of price did you pay for the Ice Adventure

Top Bottom