New trike (Trice Micro)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
I bought a Trice Micro a few weeks ago, it turned up yesterday

I've done one ride (commuting so two 10mile rides) and any worry that I had about selling my QNT to make room for this has gone. I got to work about 5miniutes quicker and I think most of this is gained going up hills. The ride is smoother than I was expecting, I think the seat helps quite a bit to provide support.

I'm a little annoyed at myself regarding the cranks. I had 170mm cranks on my QNT and 160mm on a challenge mistral I had for a short while (don't like two wheels). My knee pain went quite quickly once I starting using shorter cranks. I figured that I would need some nice short ones for this trike. The ones that came with it are Dura-Ace and they only went down to 170mm. I've spent the best part of £400 on some very very shiny TA carmina 155mm cranks/chainrings/spider/bolts only to find out that the Dura-Ace ones had been shortend to 150mm... Nevermind, I guess I'll sell them on at somepoint now I've bought the carminas.

Anyway, here's a picture of it. My cheap phone doesn't do it justice and I'll go out and take some pictures with my wifes DSLR when I get time.

XN6vI4G.jpg

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Very cool, and if it's the one I think it is you saved me from buying it.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Very cool, and if it's the one I think it is you saved me from buying it.
It's the one that was for sale on CTC and BHPC forums. It cost me just over £1,000 including postage, from looking around online this appears to be a very good pric. I was hesitant to buy it as it meant selling my QNT but figured I would be able to get a QNT again, not may Micros exist so it may of been my only chance.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice. :becool:

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Did you build the wheel yourself? Great looking trike.
Yep.

Laser spokes - 2.0-1.5-2.0m
Polyax Aluminium nipples (good for small rims or big hubs)
Original front hubs with new Endura SS bearings
Capreo rear hub
Velocity rims
Scorcher tyres
Veloplugs

It's got SV4 innertubes in.at the moment but I'd love something a bit more lightweight.

It rides like a dream and the tyres (and maybe spokes) really takes a lot of the buzz out the road compared to the marathon racers on the rims.

Top Bottom