New trike (Trice Micro)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru

PaulM

Guru
Belatedly realised you changed all 3 wheels, switching from 355 to 349 rims. Also noticed the low rearmost seat support which the Micro has in common with the VTX and is said to be one of the reasons the comfort is so good. The previous Vortex model had the support nearer the shoulders which resulted in road bumps being felt more. Found this old review of a suspended Micro, http://www.bentrideronline.com/?p=1865

steve_c

Hi! Would you mind telling me what mech you swapped to or use, fossala?

(My first post to the forum.) I have a Micro that I haven't ridden for a few years and I'm getting it back on the road again. One ride so far was super fun. The previous (replacement) mech got very close to the ground, enough to eat grass if I cycled across a long lawn. So I did the tooth difference calculation (41) and ordered a Tiagra. To my annoyance it was the same length as the existing Deore. I suppose it originally was fitted with a shorter cage mech with the instruction never to use the big ring and big cog together. I basically need a shorter mech so that the chain and arm don't get too close to the ground.

Secondly, I see that you seem to have a shorter amount of tube that the chain runs through to keep it off the ground. Mine has a longer tube and one support pulley. Have you done any adaptations there? do you run a really skimpy chain length? Coming from other bikes there is quite a lot of noise from the chain through this tube. Thanks!

raleighnut

Legendary Member

(My first post to the forum.) I have a Micro that I haven't ridden for a few years and I'm getting it back on the road again. One ride so far was super fun. The previous (replacement) mech got very close to the ground, enough to eat grass if I cycled across a long lawn. So I did the tooth difference calculation (41) and ordered a Tiagra. To my annoyance it was the same length as the existing Deore. I suppose it originally was fitted with a shorter cage mech with the instruction never to use the big ring and big cog together. I basically need a shorter mech so that the chain and arm don't get too close to the ground.

Secondly, I see that you seem to have a shorter amount of tube that the chain runs through to keep it off the ground. Mine has a longer tube and one support pulley. Have you done any adaptations there? do you run a really skimpy chain length? Coming from other bikes there is quite a lot of noise from the chain through this tube. Thanks!
Would a GS (medium cage) mech not do the job with a slightly 'shorter' gear range, they quote a 39T difference for them so using a cassette with a bigger 'high' gear should work (13 as opposed to an 11 top gear)

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru

I am about to post the old mech and other parts from the trike in the for sale section. But to answer your question a xt m772 (gs). I bought the trike with this chain run but I no modifications look like they where done before hand. If you wanted to get rid of all the tubes look into terracycles idlers. Also I've found it's the rear idler on mine that causes the most noise, it would though as it isn't teethed.

EDIT: Here is the FS thread.
EDIT2: Post pictures of your trike, always nice to see other micros.

Last edited:
Top Bottom