New tyre recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
twowheelsgood said:
Panaracer Paselas. These are amongst the fastest and lightest 28s you can buy but are really puncture proof with the tourguard kevlar layer. Better still they'll run to 105PSI and more. There only weakness is the sidewall which is quite thin (which means they also ride extremely well), but I've not had any issues in several years all-season commuting.

Armadillo's are the ultimate in puncture-proofness but IMHO they are truly terrible ride-quality wise.

Agree about panaracers - I have them on the audax bike (70x28) with 100 psi rear and 80 on the front, and the tourer (26x1.75). When the tourer tyres were about 2 years old the side wall on the front started to stretch giving a lumpy ride, but the tread was nearly gone and I'd not had a single p-word event situation crisis.

twowheelsgood

Hi asterix, I'm a big fan of panaracer products all-round. I only had one puncture in around 4000km of riding Paselas and one nasty snakebite where I mis-timed a pavement hop and drove 110kg of me, bike and luggage into the edge of the kerb - so hardly the tyre's fault.

I actually ride the black-walled version which I 've not seen anywhere in the Uk (I bought mine in Switzerland). It seems strange they don't import these paselas can look very old and nasty quite quickly as they stain with brake/rim dust.

Top Bottom