New tyres (GP5000) are these "pits" normal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunja99

Hi all. Out some new conti GP5000s on my bike the other day and been out on them today (were great btw), but when got back and cleaning bike noticed these pits on the tyres, is this normal? Seems to be from manufacturing don't appear to have appeared on the ride... Thanks

Attachments

• 20200719_134014.jpg
    20200719_134014.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 20

rivers

How far can I go?
wear indicators. When you can no longer see them, it's time to change your tyres

OP
OP
gunja99

gunja99

wear indicators. When you can no longer see them, it's time to change your tyres
Brilliant thanks. Didn't notice when put them on probably due to the little flakey bits left on (can see a little that didn't go at top of photo)

froze

Über Member
They are indeed wear indicators, but you see I'm a VERY strange person, so I filled those pits with superglue because I don't like the fact that there is a bit less rubber on the tread on those spots which means they could allow something to penetrate the tire easier at those locations. Like I said, I'm very strange.

OP
OP
gunja99

gunja99

They are indeed wear indicators, but you see I'm a VERY strange person, so I filled those pits with superglue because I don't like the fact that there is a bit less rubber on the tread on those spots which means they could allow something to penetrate the tire easier at those locations. Like I said, I'm very strange.
Hah, I see your point but is be worried the glue would react with the rubber and ruin it!

Top Bottom