New tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam Harris

Regular
Hi peeps.

I currently have Schwalbe ultremo ZX on my bike and was looking at upgrading as I presume they are a basic tyre.
Have been looking at the Michelin pro 4 as I have seen the name being used on here. Is this worth the upgrade or would I be better off spending more. I'm happy to spend upto around £50 per tyre if needed.
As you have guess I have no clue when it comes to rubber

Thanks

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
ultremos are the bees knees , i would keep them on.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Don't pay £50 a tyre for Pro4's You can buy a pair with lightweight inner tubes from CRC for circa £48.
I don't know about Ultremos but if CK says they are good I am sure they are and are probably worth wearing out.
When changing tyres consider what type of riding you will be doing and choose from there. Heavy city commuting will require a different tyre to weekend rides and entry level racing or sportives.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Time for everyone to list their choice of tyres once more.......... 3...2...1...GO!
HA HA !
true, i do not personally use ultremos but they are highly rated i just thought the OP might save a bit of money by replacing perfectly good tyres.Obviously if they ride glass strewn streets then ultremos might not be the best .

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
what about Vittoria Rubino's ?

VamP

Banned
There are really very few better performing clincher tyres than the Ultremo's. They retail at £40 ish and are on a par if not slightly better than the Michelins you're looking at.

Is one nice thing about German brands that they sell bikes with quality rubber.

I know very little about rubber i'm afraid. Ihad big chunky tyres on my mtb and i changed them for tyres that were not so chunky.Some days i dont think it makes much difference in terms of speed. I bumped into the guy from the bike shop and asked if he could supply and fit new legs on me but he said he couldn't help. Must crank harder. Ride safe mike.

Cyclist33

i think if you are riding tyres as pricey and well regarded as ultremo zxs, and think they need upgrading, and by your own admission know nothing about rubber, and are willing to spend 50 quid per tyre, those things add up to "more money than sense", but its your money as they say.

Top Bottom