New wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jocks11

I have a basic specialized tarmac and am thinking of changing the axis wheels that are on it for better ones. I've seen some fulcrum zeros 2009 model would these be any better than what I've got? Any advice will be great.
Cheers
Paul

outlash

also available in orange
I'd be wary of buying 6 year old wheels, what sort of budget are you looking at?

Is your groupset 9, 10 or 11-speed? My Tarmac came with 9-speed Sora ,while the 2015 basic Sport comes with 11-speed 105. This will have an impact on the range of wheels available. It's definitely a worthy upgrade though ^_^

OP
OP
J

Jocks11

Is your groupset 9, 10 or 11-speed? My Tarmac came with 9-speed Sora ,while the 2015 basic Sport comes with 11-speed 105. This will have an impact on the range of wheels available. It's definitely a worthy upgrade though ^_^
Mine is the 9 speed sora.

Tojo

Über Member
Have a look at Campag Zondas, nice wheels ( I've got a pair and a good few of my mates use them and love them as well ) sub £300, but shop around for deals and obviously you will need them with a Shimano freehub.
You're 9 spd cassette will go straight on the 11spd freehub with the 1.8mm spacer which comes with the wheels....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jocks11

Have a look at Campag Zondas, nice wheels ( I've got a pair and a good few of my mates use them and love them as well ) sub £300, but shop around for deals and obviously you will need them with a Shimano freehub.
You're 9 spd cassette will go straight on the 11spd freehub with the 1.8mm spacer which comes with the wheels....:thumbsup:
Hi thanks for your reply. I've bought a new ultegra 6800 groupset 11 speed. The new cassette would go straight on the Campagnolo wheels wouldn't it .

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi thanks for your reply. I've bought a new ultegra 6800 groupset 11 speed. The new cassette would go straight on the Campagnolo wheels wouldn't it .
As long as you buy the shimano and not campag version

OP
OP
J

Jocks11

Thanks for the advice. I was looking at the ultegra wheels. Does anyone have any experience with these and are they a good upgrade from the basic axis wheels I have?
Cheers
Paul

Citius

Depends on what you would regard as being a 'good upgrade'. What are you expecting the new wheels to do that the old ones don't?

Top Bottom