New wheels...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brockers

Spot on set of wheels, I got a pair for £99 a year ago and they still run well.

Have you found these loosen up over time? Mine don't actually 'feel' that fast, but for the money they're excellent (and often seen rebadged by others and sold for twice as much). Don't know how they compare to things like RS10s and Aksiums, apart from being lighter if that really matters.

TBH I think everyone should have a pair of trusty 105/equivalent Campag/Hope and upwards hubs laced 3x to open Pros/Ambrosio/etc rims. They might be slightly more expensive up front, but they'll last a decade and you can tweak the tensions to alter the comfort. And experienced racers still use them in events when the roads are rough.

the snail

Guru
rose seem to have a good selection at reasonable prices
http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/products...pe=list&count=16&order=aprice#anchor_products

Jammin

Group set? I'm a bit of a cycling noob. Go easy
rolleyes.gif

Trickydicky

Group set? I'm a bit of a cycling noob. Go easy
rolleyes.gif

Shimano, Campagnol and SRAM are the main brands. The rear cassette (the rear cogs) has to be compatible with the hub (bit in the middle of the wheel) to make it possible to use certain wheels. The main problem is campag and shimano do not have the same fixing, but SRAM and shimano do, and the link i gave for the fulcrum 5's they only have campag compatible wheels in stock.

Davidc

Guru
I've used M:Wheel wheels, which are available at about the price suggested.

They've been reliable, good value, and not very exciting. Just what I want from shop bought wheels.

Jammin

Aha! In that case I have Shimano. Cheers for the advice guys. I think I will purchase tomorrow when I can confirm all my funds. The current wheel seems to be getting wobblier!

Top Bottom