New Wheelset Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stu1903

Über Member
I'm needing a new wheelset for my 2010 Cube Agree GTC Pro as the rear rim is damaged and the freehub is knackered.

I currently have the Fulcrum 7 Racing wheelset that came with the bike.

I have a budget of £300 max. Any recommendations?

Cyclist33

If the front wheel is fine why not really splash out on a new rear wheel? Sure you could find an aesthetically pleasing option and it would make your bike, well, yours...

Stu

OP
OP
stu1903

stu1903

Über Member
If the front wheel is fine why not really splash out on a new rear wheel? Sure you could find an aesthetically pleasing option and it would make your bike, well, yours...

Stu

Thanks Stu I have considered that but not sure about running two different wheels of two different qualities.

Enw.nigel

I am running Fulcrum 7's on my Focus Cayo at the moment but am swapping over to Fulcrum 5's quite soon. I used the 5's for a couple of journeys when I first bought them and found them a good ride - and they look good. there are some good deals on these at the moment. You can pick them up for under £150 if you look around. There are a couple of new sets on EBay at the moment which you might be able to pick up cheaper. If you have been happy with the 7's why not look at the 5's?

OP
OP
stu1903

stu1903

Über Member
I am running Fulcrum 7's on my Focus Cayo at the moment but am swapping over to Fulcrum 5's quite soon. I used the 5's for a couple of journeys when I first bought them and found them a good ride - and they look good. there are some good deals on these at the moment. You can pick them up for under £150 if you look around. There are a couple of new sets on EBay at the moment which you might be able to pick up cheaper. If you have been happy with the 7's why not look at the 5's?

I had looked at the Fulcrum 5's and am swaying towards them for the price.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I've got Fulcrum 5's.
Very happy with them, however I did have a rear hub failure (the wheel was replaced under warranty with a new one). Suspect this was a one-off, and otherwise they've been excellent.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I'm with VamP!

Built to your exacting specifications, top quality and the warm fuzzy feeling you get from supporting a local (UK not foreign) craftsman.

OP
OP
stu1903

stu1903

Über Member
Went with the Fulcrum 5's while I save up a bit more cash.

Top Bottom