New year, new camera set up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I've decided that this new year I will try and get myself some decent camera kit for the cycling. I've used the atc3k for a while and want something that works in low light, wide angle lens and better video quality than the atc offers. I also need 2 cameras front and back

I've been looking at the chasecam pdr-100 as a possible solid state recorder but it aint cheap or small. It does do 2 cameras with the add-on unit though.

I know dogcam and action cameras do the sony chipped cameras... but are they the same?

Lets say I have a reasonable budget, just waiting until the christmas rubbish is out of the way, lol!

Any ideas? Any experiences, too?

Cullin

Über Member
Hi Downfader,
As you already know, I just received the ATC5K, Seems fine in daylight, but I don't think it is too good in very low light, but then maybe they are all about the same.
I was going to get the ATC3K, but my wife thought different. if you goto Maplins you could always get some high power Infra-red LEDs, may light the place up for the camera, but would not be seen by the human eye. I would have been out on my trike today playing with the cam, but have pulled a leg muscle... so sad.
Cheers

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Cullin said:
Hi Downfader,
As you already know, I just received the ATC5K, Seems fine in daylight, but I don't think it is too good in very low light, but then maybe they are all about the same.
I was going to get the ATC3K, but my wife thought different. if you goto Maplins you could always get some high power Infra-red LEDs, may light the place up for the camera, but would not be seen by the human eye. I would have been out on my trike today playing with the cam, but have pulled a leg muscle... so sad.
Cheers

Hmm... I dont think the atc cameras are equiped to recieve infrared light in that way. You used to be able to get some good infrared torches from maplin iirc, but they were bulky I think.

peanut

I got one of these off ebay some time back and I'm using it for home cctv at the moment.
I intended to use it on my bike but haven't bought a bullet cam yet. Its wireless but you can get them with hardwired cameras too.
Picture capture is as good as the camera . i'm using a lowlight led camera which works in almost complete darkness.

It can work on auto movement detector and loops automatically at the end of the SD card recording over stuff previously recorded .

It can display images on any tv monitor and I'm using a 4" colour portable for cctv or download to PC from the plug in SD card
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portable-Wire...ryZ48632QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
115197757_o.jpg

Top Bottom