New Year Resolutions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Work less & ride more.

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
Never make them.
If you have to make a resolution to do something chances are you won't do it anyway.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Mind I'd move New Year anyway. It's too close to Christmas which just creates a long break which can be very stressful for a lot of people. Wouldn't it be better to have one celebration in December and then another a couple of months later? Something to look forward to in the gloom of February.

Used to originally. The year started in March and winter solstice in December. Think it’s still the case in Yorkshire.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Alas, another year of trying to lose half a stone - I really need to do it this year. I'm not feeling 'healthy' as much as anything else. But also some fun ones.
- cycle to Annecy in the summer
- visit 52 cafes in 52 weeks
- track via Instagram a year in wildlife - when the flowers bloom, when the birds come etc.
52 cafes in 52 weeks.

You are onto something there! My project this evening will be to map the 52 nearest cafes.^_^

Same as last year
Ride as much as last year and keep the ebike assist down to Eco - or OFF - as much as I can

Oh - and during the winter - I may try to go up 'The Big Hill' at least once a week - normal longer route is too muddy in winter
although that also means go down an even bigger hill - which is scary on a narrow wet road with wet leaves - and a humpback bridge at the bottom just before a sharp right turn

still - I have a helmet so I'll be OK:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
For many years I've had my house keys on one keyring and my bike-related keys on another. My new years resolution is to combine them onto one keyring -even if this is slightly more annoying to carry around in my pocket. So far I'm feeling pretty confident and motivated 👍

Chris S

Legendary Member
Mine is to smarten myself up. Street charities keep offering me food.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Mine is to smarten myself up. Street charities keep offering me food.
You say that but a few years back i was carrying a rucksack past a wholefood shop run by a group called "Jesus Army" when a bloke comes rushing out saying "Excuse me have you got somewhere to sleep tonight"
"yep" I told him "in my tent"
"We've got a hostel you can stay at"*
"I'm off to catch a train to Matlock for a weeks backpacking holiday"

* I used to live quite close to it on London Rd in Stoneygate, it was regarded as a 'Cult' by anyone wh lived up there.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
You say that but a few years back i was carrying a rucksack past a wholefood shop run by a group called "Jesus Army" when a bloke comes rushing out saying "Excuse me have you got somewhere to sleep tonight"
"yep" I told him "in my tent"
"We've got a hostel you can stay at"*
"I'm off to catch a train to Matlock for a weeks backpacking holiday"

* I used to live quite close to it on London Rd in Stoneygate, it was regarded as a 'Cult' by anyone wh lived up there.
Ah, the Jesus Army, I remember them at motorcycle rallies. Always ready with a cup of tea when you arrived wet and cold which was nice. Other than that no interest. I did get given a fiver in Oxford once leaning on a wall waiting for my girlfriend to finish a course. I'm not the most fashionable dresser but didn't think I looked homeless!

Richard A Thackeray

Legendary Member
Hopefully;
The primary one is to lose the 2 stone, I've put on since I stopped running
Secondary, which the first will help, is climb hills better than I do now

Cathryn

Legendary Member
52 cafes in 52 weeks.

You are onto something there! My project this evening will be to map the 52 nearest cafes.^_^

Ha...I started my spreadsheet tonight too. I have about 20 local ones, most of which I've been to. I reckon 32 others throughout the year are mor than doable especially if we pull off our planned bike tour in the summer.

We don't live that far apart - we should plan a cafe in the middle!

Top Bottom