New year sales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Went down to my lbs who is a giant dealer today and he said he would knock £80 off on the new giant defy 1,which is quite a bargain as i have not seen any discounts yet on the 2015 models.
While i was there he showed me a 2014 defy 3 composite which is knocked down to £989 but on coming home and looking around the web these are going for as little as £799.
Has anyone had one of these bikes and would you get it over the new defy 1?
I know you only get 20 speed tiagra compared to the new shiny 22 speed 105 but what is the frame like and is it true carbon?.
Giant are pretty good at carbon bikes , they own the factory :thumbsup:
Sigma sport have some cracking deals on , ive been in the store quite a bit over Christmas :whistle:

OP
OP
N

Nebulous

Guru
Edinburgh bike often manage to do something interesting in their sales. This looked pretty good, but I stuck with specialized. I'm not sure about Sram gears though, particularly as I commute on shimano gears and I'm not sure how I would cope with switching regularly.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I went to one LBS in the week and they straight up offered to knock 10% off a 2015 Genesis Equilibrium Disk 20 before I even asked about price. I'm hoping another LBS will do the same when I go in tomorrow to try and get a test ride of the 2015 Whyte Suffolk ive got my eye on. I need to get something bought next week if I'm to start riding to work in the new year when I go back in.

I've looked around again today and found the giant defy composite 2 2014 for £949 and when i rang up they said they only had one left in my size,It's got the shimano 5700 105 gearing and used to retail at £1299 so i bit the bullet and bought it.

jamin100

Guru
I have the composite 3 (2013 version I think) it's cracking bike for the money.

The only things I'm changing is the tiagra shifters to 105, bar tape to black and then upgrading the wheels to Zondas

Think it's about 8kg with pedals and a very comfy ride

Last edited:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Went down to my lbs who is a giant dealer today and he said he would knock £80 off on the new giant defy 1,which is quite a bargain as i have not seen any discounts yet on the 2015 models.
While i was there he showed me a 2014 defy 3 composite which is knocked down to £989 but on coming home and looking around the web these are going for as little as £799.
Has anyone had one of these bikes and would you get it over the new defy 1?
I know you only get 20 speed tiagra compared to the new shiny 22 speed 105 but what is the frame like and is it true carbon?.
The easy answer is YES, it is true, full carbon, except for the fork which is carbon with an aluminium steerer tube on Giant's Composite range.

Giant use Torayca (brand name), Toray T600 grade carbon on the Composite frame sets, not the lightest grade, but strong & from one of the worlds top 2 carbon manufacturing Companies.

Giant Advanced grade carbon is Toray T700 & Advanced SL grade uses both Toray T700 & T800 in different key areas.

Your new Giant will be a great bike I am sure & have a lifetme frame warranty.

Top Bottom