New year sales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Can't disagree that the Cube ( http://www.bikesheduk.com/cube-agree-gtc-di2-slt-compact-2013 ) is, as mentiond above: a bargain. Full carbon and ultegra Di2 for £1499.00!? Anyone got one? Seems a no brainer if you can afford £1500.
I reckon that is a typo - its £1899 on the Buy it Now section... the 32% saving doesnt add up either.

You might be able to blag it at that price though....worth a shot lol

JCroxton1

I reckon that is a typo - its £1899 on the Buy it Now section... the 32% saving doesnt add up either.

It's got £1499 in both places for me, and 46% instead of 32. Either it's very recently been discounted, or they're putting the price up, which would be strange for a 2013 model.

Checking their Facebook, they're advertising it at £1499 too, so must be recently discounted - doubt they'll last long. Wouldn't have bought my Litening in the autumn if I had this option.

bpsmith

Veteran
I was looking at Di2 at one point, being a gadget fan, but decided it wasn't for me too. Standard Ultegra is just perfect these days anyway. :smile:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I was looking at Di2 at one point, being a gadget fan, but decided it wasn't for me too. Standard Ultegra is just perfect these days anyway. :smile:
Same here but decided to spend the same amount on a bike without it .

JCroxton1

This time of year, I'd get a bike with as little cable as possible. I've had enough winter bikes with grimy cables and slippery shifting come springtime. If I was spending the same, I'd go for the tech. I understand it's not for everyone though.

I've looked around again today and found the giant defy composite 2 2014 for £949 and when i rang up they said they only had one left in my size,It's got the shimano 5700 105 gearing and used to retail at £1299 so i bit the bullet and bought it.

Well after having the bike nearly three weeks i looked at the weather and decided it's time i took it out.Thought i would just do a little testing 5 miles but actually done 15.
Nice and light and,first time with sti as i had the thumb shifters before with the defy 4.
Happy days!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Well after having the bike nearly three weeks i looked at the weather and decided it's time i took it out.Thought i would just do a little testing 5 miles but actually done 15.
Nice and light and,first time with sti as i had the thumb shifters before with the defy 4.
Happy days!
Good news that you are happy with the bike.

Better, lighter, quicker than you expected ?

shadow master

Quite a lot of 2014 higher end bikes being discounted down heavily,but they need to be a lot of the 2015 stuff is higher spec and 10\15% cheaper in some cases,which on high value models is a fair chunk of money,and obviously 22 speeds the norm now,as is full carbon not composite,and carbon steerer is now on bikes as low as £600! Stick to bike MANUFACTURERS like giant or merida to benefit from the latest carbon moulds,NOT THE MARKETING COMPANIES,sourcing frames from the far east using 10 year old mould,I won't name them its obvious to anybody who bothers to look at the frames!

Good news that you are happy with the bike.

Better, lighter, quicker than you expected ?

Thank you SteCenturian

Yes definitely feels lighter than the defy 4 and obviously the gearing compared to the shimano 2300 is a lot better.
Quicker? I think so but haven't ridden for two months so probably won't know until the spring when i get a bit fitter.

Top Bottom