New Years Eve?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I find that as the years pass new years eve becomes more of an emotional danger zone. The expectations are so high to have fun and invariably they are never fullfilled. Seems like that whatever pent up emotions have been kept under wraps all year get an excuse to run riot at midnight. Mostly I just end up on my own in a corner with a bottle. One year I recall spending it talking to myself in a Spanish bar with way to many san Migs and an entire bottle of Baileys (eek!)...these days we dont go out though, to expensive so we'll be home ...will have a good meal and maybe get the bored games out...one new year I enjoyed we went up to the mountians in the black forest at midnight...we could see right down across the Rhine valley to Strasbourg and we had over 3 feet of snow up there to contend with...we looked down on Strasbourg (as if from an airplane) and watched the entire town erupt with fireworks at midnight. There were about 50 other people up there with us clambering around in the snow, drunk and in charge of large quantities of fireworks...I enjoyed that one.

TVC

I never party on NYE, they are the most tedious affairs of the year. A good meal then a glass of Fizz with Mrs C will serve very well this year.

bianchi1

Guru
hopefully be on the malverns with my kids, its impressive at 12 when the you are looking down on worcestershire and all the fireworks are going off below!

surfgurl

This year I am working in the pub. We are closing the bar at ten to twelve and reopening at ten past so we get time for a quick drink etc and then work until 4am.
Last year wasn't too bad, we stayed at home, had a nice dinner, surfed the net, watched a film and then went out to the beach. From the beach you can see all down the coastline and over to South Wales. The fireworks were pretty impressive.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I find it a bit depressing, all that stupid optimism that somehow everything is going to change for the better just because the year has changed. All that happens is you get older and have to be more careful when you fart.

The date changes every night and we don't make a fuss of it, what's the big deal because one more digit alters?

By 10pm, I'll have been working for 16 hours with a break in the middle, so it's home to family and try to stay awake for the bells at midnight.

Dunno what I'll do with myself on Thursday - have actually got a day off!

Blue

Legendary Member
For as many years as I can remember Mrs Blue and myself have gone on a round the world trip via beer. We buy beers from as many countries as we can find in the local shops and then use the countries of origin to pick a starting point and follow a trail home - one bottle each for each country. Needless to say we enjoy ourselves and I have never managed to get out on the bike on NYD.

Top Bottom