England : Hertfordshire New Years ride Sunday 6th January

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Myself and Jacqui both had an excellent day,great company,great route and great coffee and cake,even the weather being a tad grim seemed insignificant.Jacqui enjoyed it so much she is now going to sign up to cc.
We will be putting a route together within the next couple of weeks which will be heading from just outside Bedford and heading through the countryside towards Barton Le Clay and ClophillWill post up the details in the near future..We look forwarding to seeing everyone again soon.
Many thanks Doc :thumbsup:

GM

Legendary Member
Thanks Doc, very enjoyable ride this morning. Nice to meet everyone, must do it again!

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Good call - thanks!!
I shall check it out this weekend :biggrin:

Looks like we were within 1/2 a mile or so, when we turned left after leaving Preston.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Seriously, I'll be riding out to Countryside Coffee (as per RedFlight's link) this Sunday, probably leaving Stevenage old town at 9 am or thereabouts.
PM if you fancy it. Pace will be roughly what it was last Sunday, but with fewer stops for regrouping (and visitations,hopefully). Route will include a nice fast hill :becool:
If the coffee place isn't up to much, it'll be Emilies - the farm one with the bike shop.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
:thumbsup:

Ms Fluff and Your Humble Narrator checked it out this morning. The things we do for you...
Coffee is good, and the lemon cake was delish. Not many seats - you'd struggle to get more than 8 in, at a guess. I wouldn't lead a big group there, but for a small group it's an excellent addition to the cake stops over that way. Beware though - it shuts at 12:00. After that, you'd need to go to Emilys or Vanstones.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Definitely. Might be best to pre-warn them if a coupla dozen of us are going to show up.
Right, I'm aiming to lead a ride in early Feb, so I ought to have a look at a route I suppose.
Maybe out Weston / Walkern kind of way, Benington, Watton and up to Datchworth for breakfast? Hmmm....
*ponders*

Top Bottom