New YouTube Audax Channel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Regarding introverts - yes, that's me too. Even though I play in a band, and sometimes do solo gigs, as soon as I'm off-stage I'm happiest sitting quietly in the corner. At work, the "reds" and "yellows" are the ones that get all the acclaim and their names in lights, and us "blues" and "greens" quietly do the work. Management would have us all standing up and shouting about how great we are. But then the balance would be very precarious.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I watched the castles one. I'm sorry to have to report that my wife did not like the music.

Content was great, even with the sound off :smile:

What type of bracket do you use to hold the GoPro?

Please apologise to your wife :blush: Music is a tricky element.

Here’s the mount I use https://gopro.com/en/gb/shop/mounts/handlebar-seatpost-pole-mount/AGTSM-001.html

On the school run bike I have made one out of the mount that came with the packaging and it is rear facing.

Fubar

Guru
Regarding introverts - yes, that's me too. Even though I play in a band, and sometimes do solo gigs, as soon as I'm off-stage I'm happiest sitting quietly in the corner. At work, the "reds" and "yellows" are the ones that get all the acclaim and their names in lights, and us "blues" and "greens" quietly do the work. Management would have us all standing up and shouting about how great we are. But then the balance would be very precarious.

My work is very keen on this assessment for all staff and I came out overwhelmingly blue/green - no surprise really, and as a planner it plays to my strengths but it's funny how many people seem to think it is a negative.

My work is very keen on this assessment for all staff and I came out overwhelmingly blue/green - no surprise really, and as a planner it plays to my strengths but it's funny how many people seem to think it is a negative.

What does Blue/Green signify?

Fubar

Guru
What does Blue/Green signify?

It's a bit like Myers-Briggs (if you have ever done that), you fill in a questionnaire that determines your preferred personality type and for ease it divides it into colours, so:
BLUE: prefers data/information, likely to be introverted
GREEN: grounded, moral, also likely to be introverted
YELLOW: outgoing, sunny personality - extrovert
RED: bright, bold, assertive - extrovert

I'm generalising, but it gives you an idea of a) your preferred way of working and b) those around you. we all have coloured bricks in order to signify our preferred type...:whistle:

TBF it makes a lot of sense and helps to understand the people you work with, however it does also encourage assumptions.

delb0y

Legendary Member
The thing that annoyed me about it, at work, is that the blues and greens were encouraged to communicate differently with reds and yellows, not to overload them with detail and lots of explanation, just get to the point. I get it, and understand why. But the annoying bit was the yellow and reds were never advised to communicate differently with us - the assumption was that they were flying along do whatever stuff it is they do, getting all the accolades, making all the deals, no time or inclination for them to even considering changes how they interact - always us blues and greens that had to change.

Fubar

Guru
I have recently been experimenting with a GoPro camera and iMovie with the intention of showing some of the rides I enter. The short films are mainly about Audax but I have included bikepacking and a hike with my youngest daughter.

My motivation for this derives from a podcast by a fellow introvert. She was challenged into pushing herself out of her comfort zone by attempting stand up comedy. There is no way in Hades you would catch me doing something like that but I fancied doing something challenging. For me that something was videography.

Here is a link to my channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPTgTWf9m2WJl3HL8kc105A

And here is my latest video:

View: https://youtu.be/_uhzkSoB3Xs

I hope you enjoy it.

subscribed, will watch over the weekend:okay:

Top Bottom