Newbie Extreme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
wave.gif
Thanks! Yes I'm riddled with diseases and my doctors have been pestering me for years to get fitter. I think they'll be pleased with me for making an effort.

I've been wanting to get out this week, but have found it difficult with being back at work and having tons to do in the evenings (I'm a teacher). I've just been out this morning though as I don't work on Fridays. I've got loads to do today too, but was determined to get out anyway. I've only done about a mile and a half today, because of time restrictions, but I have at least been out. Actually it was the most fun I've had in weeks
biggrin.gif
I cycled up a "hill" (you'd all scoff no doubt, but it was a bit of an effort for me!) and down through the park. As I freewheeled through the park, I just started grinning... grinning... grinning..... I got to the bottom and I don't know if it was the cold air in my eyes or what, but I had tears trickling!! In fact I enjoyed it so much I cycled all the way around the park, up to the top and did it again.

Just having a cup of tea before I head out to the Trafford Centre (yawn) and thought I'd update you all.

Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Scoosh's New Cycling Formula:

If
bicycle.gif
=
biggrin.gif
, then :bicycle: =
thebiggrin.gif
and
Laie_76A.gif
=
tired.gif

Well Done for getting out early this morning
bravo.gif
and delighted that it:
- raised a BIG grin
biggrin.gif

- made you want to go round again :bicycle: !

Maybe you could incorporate an early morning 'nip round the park' into your busy timetable ? (I know about the evening working - Mrs Scoosh is a teacher too [P5 this year]).

Additionally, could you do the local shopping on the bike ? It's all miles and keeps the feel-good endorphins stirring, as well as being a great stress-buster
icon_smile_approve.gif

Which reminds me, enough of this, I must get out to the shops ..... = :bicycle:

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 36
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 33
OP
OP
Thelma

Thelma

An early morning nip around the park... definitely worth a thought. Would have to be around 6.30am though...

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
It was so great to read about the joy that you got from cycling in the park!!

It's like being a kid again when you first get back in the saddle!

Soon enough, you'll be waking up early to get an hour on the bike before work!

Keep up the good work!
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
Thelma

Thelma

It was so great to read about the joy that you got from cycling in the park!!

It's like being a kid again when you first get back in the saddle!

Soon enough, you'll be waking up early to get an hour on the bike before work!

Keep up the good work!
thumbsup.png

I GOT UP AND WENT OUT EARLY!!!

Me!

I know!

It was only the little jaunt I did on Friday, so a piddly mile and a half and ten minutes or so, but I loved it and thought it was a fantastic start to the day. I'm already thinking about taking a slightly longer route next time...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I GOT UP AND WENT OUT EARLY!!!

Me!

I know!

It was only the little jaunt I did on Friday, so a piddly mile and a half and ten minutes or so, but I loved it and thought it was a fantastic start to the day. I'm already thinking about taking a slightly longer route next time...

The Bug has bitten !
icon_twisted.gif

Hehehe !

thebiggrin.gif

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
WOO!!

Go for the 9 miles and see how you go!!

Good stuff!
biggrin.gif

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
This is great news!
Looks like we have another cyclist on board

:shy: :bicycle: :wahhey::welcome:

I know what you mean about wanting CC to be YOUR forum, without your dad looking over your shoulder from a distance :biggrin: .

Congratulations on your rides - looks like you've found a sustainable pace and aren't falling off the bike exhausted after a mile (unlike those who think they should be going as fast as they can possibly go :huh: ).
9 miles shouldn't be a problem, just take it easy.

Happy cycling!

T

OP
OP
Thelma

Thelma

I've been up at 6 to get out on the bike twice this week already. I said I'd have tomorrow as a rest day, before a big ride on Friday, but I'm not sure now. The 15 or 20 minutes on the bike just before dawn is pretty much the best thing that I do all day. Second only to my son saying "hiya" and grinning his little face off when I get in from work.

I can't wait to get out and break the 10 mile barrier. Friday can't come soon enough! I'd like to go out for longer/further in the mornings before work, but I can't bring myself to set the alarm any earlier than 6am.

Rita Grieved

How do?

I was in the same boat as you this time last year and was well chuffed with myself when I completed my first 10 mile ride, if it inspires I ended last summer riding from Manchester to Southport - still dining out on that one too.

OP
OP
Thelma

Thelma

Well done RG!

I've planned a 10 mile journey tomorrow. I can't wait! If it's raining tomorrow I'll be seriously gutted.

Top Bottom