Newbie from Bolton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul H

Just joined as a newbie to the forum and cycling, if you don't count me riding my Raleigh Grifter back in the 70's ^_^ after being inspired by the achievements of Wiggo and Team GB during the summer.

Not sorted my first road bike yet which is great as I have already found some of the posts on here really useful in pointing me in the right direction.

I plan to use cycling as a way of getting and keeping fit and will join a club as soon as I can do 30 miles at an average of 14mph, though I have no idea at present how long that will take.
Once I am confident enough I want to push myself further...but that's for the future.:bicycle:

:welcome: Paul H from another Boltonian :thumbsup:

I've been cycling for years and a normal weekend will be 30 - 50 odd miles depending. You'll get there before you know it, (at least you will once you've got our bike :laugh:).

I've always avoided clubs TBH. They seem to spend all day at a ride, whereas with family commitments I need to be out, round and back most times.

I sometimes ride with another CC'er, NotThatJasonKenny, and we take in Rivington, Belmont, Chorley, Eccleston, Southport etc.

Once your mobile you'd b welcome to join us. We'd normally go from The Windmill at Adlington at 8am, but this isn't set in stone.

My Son is in the process of getting mobile too, we could have our peloton before you know it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

I've been cycling for years and a normal weekend will be 30 - 50 odd miles depending. You'll get there before you know it, (at least you will once you've got our bike :laugh:).

I've always avoided clubs TBH. They seem to spend all day at a ride, whereas with family commitments I need to be out, round and back most times.

I sometimes ride with another CC'er, NotThatJasonKenny, and we take in Rivington, Belmont, Chorley, Eccleston, Southport etc.

Once your mobile you'd b welcome to join us. We'd normally go from The Windmill at Adlington at 8am, but this isn't set in stone.

My Son is in the process of getting mobile too, we could have our peloton before you know it :thumbsup:

Hiya mate,

Sounds good...as you said I need to get some wheels first.

I'll keep you updated:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

Any ideas what sort of bike you're after. What budget/frame material etc?

Not yet no...I'm off to Paul Hewitt Cycles on Thursday for a bike-fit and go from there.

It's an absolute minefield out there, but these guys come highly recommended.

Once your mobile you'd b welcome to join us...
I find club rides difficult to do with shift work and family. I too ride around Rivington and Belmont. Can I join the gang?

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC

What he said! Its the Millstone (Smokey always says windmill for some reason...) we sometimes meet at and yes, the more the merrier!

Top Bottom