Newbie from Bolton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

:welcome:from sunny Blackpool.
There seems to be a peleton forming in this thread

Thanks matey...can't believe I didn't know what a peleton was up until this years Tour de France...now I have the opportunity of joining one...happy days:wahhey:

Not yet no...I'm off to Paul Hewitt Cycles on Thursday for a bike-fit and go from there.
Yeah PH has always been well regarded, you'll no doubt get a great bike from there. I don't have first hand experience as I can't afford a custom fit bike :whistle: :tongue:

Seriously though, I'd love to do the custom thing one day, being 6' 5" it's never easy or straight forward buying bikes. Although I love my bike, and I've got a new fixed gear bike waiting for me at Evans Cycles, there is always a slight feeling of 'making do' if you know what I mean.

Still, I suppose it's my fault for falling asleep in a greenhouse! (Ooo, if I had a pound for everytime I'd heard that I'd have had a custom build years ago) ^_^

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

Yeah PH has always been well regarded, you'll no doubt get a great bike from there. I don't have first hand experience as I can't afford a custom fit bike :whistle: :tongue:

Seriously though, I'd love to do the custom thing one day, being 6' 5" it's never easy or straight forward buying bikes. Although I love my bike, and I've got a new fixed gear bike waiting for me at Evans Cycles, there is always a slight feeling of 'making do' if you know what I mean.

Still, I suppose it's my fault for falling asleep in a greenhouse! (Ooo, if I had a pound for everytime I'd heard that I'd have had a custom build years ago) ^_^

That's reassuring to know...don't think I'm quite ready for a Custom Fit yet or that I would really get the full benefit of one:cry: bearing in mind I've no turned a pedal for 32 years:ohmy:

My thinking was that if I can get an 'off the peg' bike set up for me by someone who knows what they are doing (que PH) then at least I'll be starting off on the right track and will hopefully reduce the chance of causing injuries etc. from not having a suitable set-up.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
And welcome from me down the road in Astley.CC rides are brilliant,i go on as many as i can but as already said,family and commitments decide what can be done.Riding in groups can be a real boost to your riding although i do enjoy my solo rides where i can just stop and mooch at stuff without worrying about what others want to do.
Bolton has some good riding around it.

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

And welcome from me down the road in Astley.CC rides are brilliant,i go on as many as i can but as already said,family and commitments decide what can be done.Riding in groups can be a real boost to your riding although i do enjoy my solo rides where i can just stop and mooch at stuff without worrying about what others want to do.
Bolton has some good riding around it.

Many thanks for the warm welcome. Really looking forward to getting out there.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Oh don't worry about the weather,just get the right kit and weather will just be an addition to the rides ! The amount of mud and goo i got covered in last night riding along the canal was so much fun ! Car drivers stay away from a bike and rider covered in mud for some reason aswell !

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

Oh don't worry about the weather,just get the right kit and weather will just be an addition to the rides ! The amount of mud and goo i got covered in last night riding along the canal was so much fun ! Car drivers stay away from a bike and rider covered in mud for some reason aswell !

Good point...come to think of it I avoid muddy bikes and riders when I'm driving!

We'll be meeting tomorrow morning at the LIBRARY on Railway Road, Adlington for an 8 o'clock start.

It won't be a huge ride TBH, maybe 30 miles (ish). NotThatJasonKenny might want to comment on the route in mind as I've not heard, but I suspect it will either be an easy run Croston/Southport way, or a hillier ride around the Ironman UK lap.

Anyone welcome.

PS: if it's pi$$ing down don't wait for me, I'll be staying in bed :whistle:

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Well take a vote when everyone gets there! Ben may show, Chris and Mark as well as smokey and I. Again, if it's the same rain as we have right now, stay in bed!

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

We'll be meeting tomorrow morning at the LIBRARY on Railway Road, Adlington for an 8 o'clock start.

It won't be a huge ride TBH, maybe 30 miles (ish). NotThatJasonKenny might want to comment on the route in mind as I've not heard, but I suspect it will either be an easy run Croston/Southport way, or a hillier ride around the Ironman UK lap.

Anyone welcome.

PS: if it's pi$$ing down don't wait for me, I'll be staying in bed :whistle:

Wish I could join you guys...no bike yet:-(

Top Bottom