Newbie from Stockport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FlatTyre81

Hi there,

I found this forum today and thought I'd sign up. I have to admit I've been swept away by the amazing achievements of Sir Chris Hoy et al at the Olympics and really enjoyed the track and road cycling. To be honest I never really understood the tactics that much until now.

I'm fairly active anyway but thought that it would be good to dust off my old bike, replace the flat tyres and get up and running.

I have a Raleigh Max Ogre 15 speed, not a great bike, but a bike all the same. I've decided to get some slicker tyres on it, just waiting for my inner tubes to be delivered. Going to see how I get on and then potentially upgrade to a better bike if I really get the bug. Who knows, I may even look at giving a taster session at the Manchester velodrome a go.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Fubar

Guru
Hi FlatTyre81 and :welcome: to the forum. Regards, Mark

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hi there Flattyre81, welcome to the forum. I know the current GB cycling success is very inspiring but don't get fooled into thinking cycling is just about sport and performance. I have been reminded about the 'real' side of cycling myself today by this post here.
Real cycling is about transport, the journey, a passtime, a social life, the views and experiences along the way but most importantly about enjoyment so don't think you have to be the next Sir Hoy or Bradley Wiggins.

Anyway, Stockport is a great place to cycle from and you can soon be out in the villages of cheshire but before you go make sure to pack a few essentials like a pump and spare inner tube. Also make sure you can change an inner tube at the roadside, you might find you need a spanner to remove the wheel if they are not quick release.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Basically most of the regulars have to have a cake fix at some point before/during/after a ride out......IT'S THE LAW !

OP
OP
FlatTyre81

FlatTyre81

Hi there Flattyre81, welcome to the forum. I know the current GB cycling success is very inspiring but don't get fooled into thinking cycling is just about sport and performance. I have been reminded about the 'real' side of cycling myself today by this post here.
Real cycling is about transport, the journey, a passtime, a social life, the views and experiences along the way but most importantly about enjoyment so don't think you have to be the next Sir Hoy or Bradley Wiggins.

Absolutely. I'm planning on using my bike to commute to the gym and tennis sessions. Only a few miles at a time. Need to get used to cycling on the road again. It's been years since I last did.

Top Bottom