Newbie from the Highlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

henspeed

Hi all
Teying to get back into cycling, currently have an old Trek singletrak MTB, but more interested in road cycling so plan to get a road bike of some description.
I am 6'4" tall though so struggling to get something for sensible entry money, preferably second hand.
Anyways hoping to get somne good ideas on here or maybe strike a deal in the classifieds.

Cheers

Henspeed

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hello Henspeed, :welcome: to the forum!

Cammykaze

Hello henspeed! I'm sure the guys on this forum will point you in the right direction. I've just bought a MTB myself and am looking to get a road bike in the next few months. I've heard (mainly from this forum) the triban 3 from Decathon is a good starter road bike for 300 quid.

Think that will be the one I will look into. Luckily there is a Decathon close enough to me to have a look at the bike and test it out.

Fubar

Guru
Hi Henspeed and :welcome: to the forum, another one from Dunfermline. I have the Triban 3 mentioned above and as an entry level road bike for £300 it's hard to beat - not sure where your nearest Decathlon would be though. There are quite a few scots on here who I'm sure will introduce themselves shortly. Regards, Mark

OP
OP
H

henspeed

Cheers all, thnaks for the warm welcome.
I will look into the Triban 3.
Trying to even find a bike in a store in my size is proving tough, woudl ideally like a test ride before I commit to purchase.
Are these Triban 3 bikes any good for distance cycling or are they more grared up for sprints. I am looking to build up to a 120 mile cycle event next year?

Fubar

Guru
Cheers all, thnaks for the warm welcome.
I will look into the Triban 3.
Trying to even find a bike in a store in my size is proving tough, woudl ideally like a test ride before I commit to purchase.
Are these Triban 3 bikes any good for distance cycling or are they more grared up for sprints. I am looking to build up to a 120 mile cycle event next year?

I did the Etape Caledonia on mine this year, albeit quite slowly... :laugh: If you get this months' Cycling Active there is a VERY favourable write up for the Triban 3.

Top Bottom