1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie update-update

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by postman, 28 Oct 2007.

1. postman

postman Legendary Member

Our newbie Charles insists we go out next Saturday.This morning his wife was taking him shopping after church to Edinburgh Cycles in Chapel Allerton for his first helmet.Should we tell them it is all down hill from now on.You know what is next?.But darling i do need that new bike just to keep up.

2. ghitchen

ghitchen Well-Known Member

You could try telling them it's all down hill, but I suspect they will soon discover that some bits are up hill. xx(

3. ...the "second bike justification speech" is the 'uphill stretch'... xx(

4. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

All this talk of 'permission' to upgrade/buy a part, 'second bike justification speech', 'sneaking out while she's playing with the kids/cooking/not looking/doing her hair', 'taking him shopping for a helmet', etc. makes me glad i'm single. xx(:rolleyes:

5. col

col Veteran

You have to be in a solid relationship,to understand bonj.Belive me,the pros out weigh the cons massively.:tongue:

6. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Have to agree col, I like to keep my bike clean, but I let SWMBO polish my bell on a regular basis :tongue: xx(

7. col

col Veteran

8. All the churchgoing, cowering women in your parish are grateful to you bonj..! xx(

9. cyclebum

cyclebum Senior Member

I feel so sorry for you guys, as we all know it's a woman's perogative to shop and use the old, 'oh this, bought it ages ago just haven't got round to using it yet' :blush::biggrin::biggrin:

10. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

The trick is to find someone who shares all the same little weaknesses...