Newbie with a question!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JB6978

Hello, I am new to this, but I have a question ....... my wife has bought me a spin bike( Nero Sports with Bluetooth) apparently I can link it up to Zwift, but are there any other sites similar to Zwift that I can join too? By the way I don’t get it until my birthday on Tuesday, I’m just trying to be ready!! Anyway, thanks in advance I would appreciate any advice.

Dan77

It doesn't appear to have a power or cadence meter? You would need this info transmitted to Zwift for it to work. Even then, it would not allow Zwift to control the resistance of the bike (not essential but certainly better).

Any interactive applications will need that data. That bike is intended as a simple spin bike. Probably better to just put on some music or something and spin away. If you want interactive training look into smart trainers.

EDIT: It appears there is more than one version of this bike and there is one compatible with Zwift/other software. Either that or one of the sellers is much better at their marketing. How reliable that data is I would be sceptical of but if it gets you on there and enjoying it then it's well worth a go.

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Looks like it broadcasts power so should work with Road Grand Tours or other training platforms which require a power estimate. It's not interactive though from the looks of it so you won't get the full experience, but as an exercise/training tool should be good - it'll be similar to a non-interactive turbo trainer with your own bike, with the added advantage of not bringing a filthy bike into the house and aggravating your wife :okay:

You'll be able to use the workouts features of Zwift which are pretty decent but you'll have to control the power output yourself, which actually makes it a bit harder :laugh:

OP
OP
J

JB6978

Thanks for both of the replies, I did read I could use zwift, as for the resistance I know I have to do that manually which is a shame, I’m sure it will be ok and I’ll get some good races etc out of it!!

OP
OP
J

JB6978

Right I have set my bike up connected to Zwift but for some reason I can’t do anything on zwift, what am I doing wrong?

Dan77

Have you paired the sensors? You'll need power and cadence (probably the same sensor in your case but both need to be setup). Probably controllable too and preferably heart rate too although that one won't stop you from Zwifting.
Zwift-fietstrainer-koppelen.jpg

OP
OP
J

JB6978

Have you paired the sensors? You'll need power and cadence (probably the same sensor in your case but both need to be setup). Probably controllable too and preferably heart rate too although that one won't stop you from Zwifting. View attachment 556224
Yeah done all that
Have you paired the sensors? You'll need power and cadence (probably the same sensor in your case but both need to be setup). Probably controllable too and preferably heart rate too although that one won't stop you from Zwifting. View attachment 556224
i have paired the sensors up, the heart one won’t but like u said that shouldn’t affect it.

OP
OP
J

JB6978

Have you followed the Zwift set up videos on YouTube ?
Yes I have followed the you tube videos, maybe the problem is I’m too old and stupid and doing something wrong!

OP
OP
J

JB6978

Just been in touch with Nero sports who I bought the bike from, he is saying he will send a new computer part out as I have done miles and miles on it without appearing and it reads 0.00 kms done! So hopefully it will get sorted, I’ll have to wait!!

OP
OP
J

JB6978

Right I got a new part in the post today, I am up and running on zwift, did 8 miles and it was hard work, but good, had it on quite low resistance too! Also got Rouvy downloaded, set that all up tried to ride but I got as far as on the bike, but it wouldn’t move when i pedalled! But just need to get zwift onto my smart tv if possible, been using my I phone today to race !!!

Dan77

Easiest way to get it on to the TV is Apple TV 4k. Grade b stock available from BT Shop for £130. Mine was perfect condition. Alternatively I guess you could screen cast from phone. Worth downloading and using the Zwift companion app too. I have that on my phone in my Garmin mount and Zwift on the TV through Apple TV.

OP
OP
J

JB6978

Easiest way to get it on to the TV is Apple TV 4k. Grade b stock available from BT Shop for £130. Mine was perfect condition. Alternatively I guess you could screen cast from phone. Worth downloading and using the Zwift companion app too. I have that on my phone in my Garmin mount and Zwift on the TV through Apple TV.
Don’t wanna sound silly, but by saying screen cast does that mean connect my I phone to my tv, I’ve got 4K smart tv but not an apple one. I have tried but to no avail, do I need to do it with a cable from my phone to tv? I have downloaded zwift companion too! Thanks for the reply by the way.

Dan77

Don’t wanna sound silly, but by saying screen cast does that mean connect my I phone to my tv, I’ve got 4K smart tv but not an apple one. I have tried but to no avail, do I need to do it with a cable from my phone to tv? I have downloaded zwift companion too! Thanks for the reply by the way.
I have an android phone so I don't know with I phones but I would imagine you can still screen cast from your phone. If you have a smart TV you should probably be able to cast to it. Might need an app but depends on the TV...lots of them already have them installed. Problem is that if you screen cast with your phone you can't use it for the companion app.

OP
OP
J

JB6978

I have an android phone so I don't know with I phones but I would imagine you can still screen cast from your phone. If you have a smart TV you should probably be able to cast to it. Might need an app but depends on the TV...lots of them already have them installed. Problem is that if you screen cast with your phone you can't use it for the companion app.
Thanks for replying Dan, yeah I’m sure I must be able to get it onto my tv too, but then I won’t be able to use the companion app like u said. Maybe use my wife’s android then link that to the tv, I’m sure I will find a way around it!!

Top Bottom