Newcomer advice and a "free Tour"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I took my parents on their first tour last week...,and at the end of the week, my lovely pristine mother remarked with surprise how socks that she'd worn three days running didn't smell at all :biggrin:

jay clock

Massive member
for your off bike clothes, you will wear them for about 3 hours directly after a shower. they will not smell. One pair socks is AMPLE. wash them with soapy water, dry them with a hair dryer on the end, or tied on handlebars. For pants, get hitech microfibre ones, easily dry. T shirts, same. For a 5 day trip I would say max 1 socks, max 2 pants, max 2 t shirts.

OP
OP
BalkanExpress
Jay, Cathryn, Brains

many thanks for the weight concerns, but have no fear I'm not strapping a steamer trunk to the back of the bike.:evil:

Weight is always our enemy unless there is a tradeoff for something else, for example stronger rims. In this case (max 66km a day and no more than 600m of ascent in a day) I'm happy to trade 90 grammes (yes I got the scales out this a.m.) for the chance to put a pair of clean socks on my feet at the end of a day's ride without the need to wash and dry a pair every day. I can then put that time to good use by either exploring a new town or collapsing in a heap with a local beverage.

I will of course be packing the smallest tube of toothpaste I can find and chopping half the handle off the toothbrush.:ohmy:

Top Bottom