Newt 'un tests gravity - it still works!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to hear about this Jen. Hope no scratches on the new bike. At least it's been crash christened now.
Heal quick and well.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Ouch. I nearly had a similar off yesterday morning on the hybrid but managed to right myself in time. If it had been the Orbea, I would have hit the floor as well. Have a nice long bath tonight, hope you're not too stiff tomorrow.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ouch! Glad you're ok.

Nice of the driver to come and see if you were ok - restores faith in human nature.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Buggeration! Take care Jenny, T is relying on you to be with us next week. Whisky may help - massage in to any affected areas near the tonsil region.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
When riding one's 'best bike' it is important to develop the skill of ensuring that, when taking an unexpected hitting of the deck, one keeps the bike above the body - and clear of said deck. :thumbsup:

Bodies normally heal by them selves/with medical assistance; bikes, OTOH, require many £££ spent to upgrade repair the damage. ;)

One of these suits, and extra wide winter wheels will see you right, Jenny!

Hope the bruises heal quickly. Glad that the Orbea was unscathed.
tech-step3.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
I remember being out one bright winter morning in a pack of about 20 mountain bikers and at a bend on a concrete farm track around eight of them went down simultaneously. Nobody was badly hurt, luckily.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Thanks Claudine - I hope you are also mending well after your Southend Slide ... you're such a trend-setter I just had to copy you. I'm sure you were wearing your beany hat, which is why your head was undamaged. Shall we start a campaign to have them made compulsory (beanies not heads)? :whistle:

I put the intact state of the noggin down to the Buff, naturally. Essential safety wear. Unless worn in the manner depicted bottom left...

ways_to_wear.jpg

The ankle is now much less blue, much less chubby, and much less painful, so all is well, thanks. I'm still at reduced cycling power, but have already done as many miles as I aimed for this year, so I plan to take it easy for the rest of it.

Top Bottom