next CC Ecosse ride May/June

Where to go ...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow! You had some great weather! Glad you had a good day guys.:smile:

I'm about to enter negotiations with my wife over organising some cycling out my way in July. It might have to involve a wee hill or two, but as a wise man once said to me, I've never found a hill I can't walk up! :biggrin:

It'll be called the magnatom classic! :smile:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
magnatom said:
I'm about to enter negotiations with my wife over organising some cycling out my way in July. It might have to involve a wee hill or two, but as a wise man once said to me, I've never found a hill I can't walk up! :biggrin:

:tongue: which hill would that be? Will there be fords to be crossed:ohmy:? Just make sure the non-greyhounds will dare to sign up for it too :smile: ... surely you'll want as many of us as possible to enjoy your company, don't you, rather than just limiting that pleasure to a select few? :laugh:

Will you be including Mrs M's famous brownies into your negotiations? I believe you mentioned those in public a while ago :smile:.

magnatom said:
It'll be called the magnatom classic! :biggrin:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: ahh I get it ... the route will go along your commute, and we are the re-enforcement/witnesses in case any crazy drivers are out and about :ohmy:... we'll get a live performance :biggrin::biggrin:

T

Telemark said:
:tongue: which hill would that be? Will there be fords to be crossed:ohmy:? Just make sure the non-greyhounds will dare to sign up for it too :smile: ... surely you'll want as many of us as possible to enjoy your company, don't you, rather than just limiting that pleasure to a select few? :laugh:

Will you including negotiations for Mrs M's famous brownies? I believe you mentioned those in public a while ago :smile:.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: ahh I get it ... the route will go along your commute, and we are the re-enforcement/witnesses in case any crazy drivers are out and about :ohmy:... we'll get a live performance :biggrin::biggrin:

T

LOL! :biggrin:

The problem with the area around me is it is hard to avoid hills. I will try to keep them to a minimum, as it would be good to have as many as possible. It wouldn't be a race, that is what the Etape was for! :biggrin:

As for brownies....that is exactly why I need to enter negotiations! :biggrin:

P.S. My wife informed me that, when chatting to neighbours, she found out that a chap a few doors along did the Etape as well. Apparently he was in the winning team and posted a time around the 3 hour 30 minute mark. I won't be inviting him along! :biggrin:

Ranger

scook94 said:
Grand day out today! Glorious weather and company (as usual). Great to see another 2 new faces and kudos to Macmerry Saint for a great effort today!

Special mention for Jane for being appropriately attired for the weather! :biggrin:

/QUOTE]

Saw you heading back as I was on my way home from work, Scook at the Cramond Brig, HLaB and 2 others (sorry not seen you before) at Queensferry. I presume Scook took a short-cut:biggrin:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
magnatom said:
The problem with the area around me is it is hard to avoid hills. I will try to keep them to a minimum, as it would be good to have as many as possible. It wouldn't be a race, that is what the Etape was for! :biggrin:

As for brownies....that is exactly why I need to enter negotiations! :biggrin:

P.S. My wife informed me that, when chatting to neighbours, she found out that a chap a few doors along did the Etape as well. Apparently he was in the winning team and posted a time around the 3 hour 30 minute mark. I won't be inviting him along! :biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: of course you need to invite him along! Or are you worried that he'll come back for more brownies ;)? On the other hand, he might be a "serious cyclist" ...

Good luck with your negotiations. If you think it might help, feel free to mention that we are all waiting with bated breath for the outcome :biggrin::tongue:!

In the meantime, WE NEED A JUNE RIDE :sad::bicycle::smile:

T

sleekitcollie

HJ said:
You use the "Go Advanced" button then look for the paperclip in the toolbar, click and follow the instructions in the pop up window :sad:
thanx , ill try nxt time :smile:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
pickup1980 said:
thanks for a great day and helping with my 2 flats
Time for new tyres and/or new tubes I think buddy - the yellow tyres looked good with the yellow bike mate :tongue:
Think you have Vittorias fitted - the New Vittoria Rubino Pros are excellent and not too expensive if you shop around a bit - I have the white ones fitted but when they need replaced I'll probably fit red ones - white are too much work to keep clean and looking good.

I found out what was wrong with my bike on the way up Cleish Hill - turns out the outer part of one of my chainring bolts has fallen off so the inner part of the bolt was lifting the chain off the granny ring on my triple. I rarely use this ring and it was only because I had inadvertantly changed down to that ring that I noticed the problem. Didn't want to just grind to the top of the hill as the last time I did that on the Etape Cal recce ride in April I ripped off my rear derailleur :biggrin: A quick check over today and I found the missing part and could confirm it was causing the problem - route cause fix so i know once I replace the part it will be fixed correctly. Will also ensure to check the other bolts and torque them correctly - job done :sad:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Jane Smart said:
I have two on my phone here, but not managed to transfer them to my pc yet, I will need to learn how to do it :ohmy:

You may be able to e-mail them to yourself? (If you used the BB, you definitely should be able to do that!)
Otherwise, find the instructions and a cable ...:laugh:
Failing that, find a teenager and ask :ohmy:;)

T

Top Bottom