next CC Ecosse ride May/June

Where to go ...


  • Total voters
    1

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Location
Edinburgh
UPDATE
Route: Loch Leven on Saturday 22nd May - tomorrow :angry:
Start: 10:30 Inverkeithing train station (car park)
Cafe: Loch Leven Larder (or next one in a clockwise direction, see Kevin's map)
--------------------



:blush:


Maps for the route options:

Loch Venachar (75km/47 miles)
Glen Almond (71km/44 miles)
Loch Leven ride (39km/24.5 miles) or
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2679963
a more hilly & longer Loch Leven version (66km/41 miles) - see Scoosh's suggested changes in post #71 (words only just now I am afraid, any volunteers for an updated map?)

T
 

scook94

Über Member
Location
Stirling
We had a chat about this today and the rides that were done last year in Perth and the one from Dunblane out round Loch Venechar both received a positive response.
 

sleekitcollie

Well-Known Member
i would love to come along again and hopefully it will be on a day im free , quite happy to do mostly any route .
also are any of u guys into doing these bikeathons rides , they are for charity the glasgow one is on the 23rd May which is 26 miles starting from Drumpellier park nr coatbridge at 9.30 think ist cost £10 to enter if u enter online b4 the event date and £20 on the day
and the other one is the scottish bikeathon on 20th june in kingussie which is £5 to enter online
im booked for both but the one i like best is kingussie , its a very good day great roads etc again only 26 miles but lots time after the event to explore the area more
im going up by train for this one on the sat B&B booked for sat night and train home late evening sunday
 
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Location
Edinburgh
sleekitcollie said:
i would love to come along again and hopefully it will be on a day im free , quite happy to do mostly any route .
also are any of u guys into doing these bikeathons rides , they are for charity the glasgow one is on the 23rd May which is 26 miles starting from Drumpellier park nr coatbridge at 9.30 think ist cost £10 to enter if u enter online b4 the event date and £20 on the day
and the other one is the scottish bikeathon on 20th june in kingussie which is £5 to enter online
im booked for both but the one i like best is kingussie , its a very good day great roads etc again only 26 miles but lots time after the event to explore the area more
im going up by train for this one on the sat B&B booked for sat night and train home late evening sunday
Hope you reserved a bike space on the train, there are far too few available :biggrin:

Kingussie looks very tempting, but there is also the Edinburgh-St Andrews ride that weekend (68 miles) ...

T
 

scook94

Über Member
Location
Stirling
Telemark said:
Hope you reserved a bike space on the train, there are far too few available :biggrin:

Kingussie looks very tempting, but there is also the Edinburgh-St Andrews ride that weekend (68 miles) ...

T
Trossachs Ton that day too. *gulp*
 
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Location
Edinburgh
scook94 said:
Trossachs Ton that day too. *gulp*
It appears that the St Andrews ride is on the Saturday (19th) and the TT on the Sunday (20th), so I can't even suggest that you might want to do both :sad:, as they not in the right order to think of the St A ride as a gentle recovery ride with lots of cake stops :biggrin: ...

You'll be fine :smile: (just remember it's not a race :laugh:)

T
 

sleekitcollie

Well-Known Member
Telemark said:
Hope you reserved a bike space on the train, there are far too few available :biggrin:

Kingussie looks very tempting, but there is also the Edinburgh-St Andrews ride that weekend (68 miles) ...

T
yeah booked bike space on all trains (apart from 1st train from inverkeithing to perth as it was not a bookable service so just have to chance my luck there :biggrin: )
the st andrews ride look great and to be honest i would have done that but i did the kingussie run last year at a time just after i had been quite ill and was getting checked out for bladder cancer ( all was clear :smile: ) and even though it was a charity event i never managed to raise any money as had been a bit preoccupied the previous few months , the organisers were really great about it and i got a really nice letter from them a few weeks after the event , so this year i really want to try and raise some cash for them and to go back and say thanx

ooops sorry ah can go on a bit :evil:
i should have planned it better and did the st andrews event and made my way to kingussie from there .. oh now thats an idea ...
the kingussie eveny is a really good day not a race by any means , ages range from 5 to 75 .. just a good friendly day .
 

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Location
Edinburgh
Really p**d off I didn't make the Lithgy ride. Sounded great. As it turned out I could probaby have come as the relatives we were expecting didn't arrive till after 3.

For a suggestion I recently did a ride round Loch Leven. From Kirkliston the total length was 75 kms. We could meet up at Inverkeithing station and have lunch at the Green Hotel in Kinross or Vane Farm. It's not really on quiet roads but it's not too bad.
 
Two suggestions,

Big Al's (Tech Mech) Perth Potter. Missed this last year but heard it was a great run.

The run round the loch with refreshment stop at the Brig o'Turk pub type place.
 
I won't be able to make anything in June unfortunately. However, I'm going to look into organising something in July, perhaps out my way (Torrance and surrounding area). Watch this space. (Trainstation: Bishopbriggs)

The only downside is there are a fair few hills around here. Organising a ride that avoids them is difficult!;):biggrin:
 

Jane Smart

The Queen
Location
Dunfermline Fife
Halfmanhalfbike said:
Really p**d off I didn't make the Lithgy ride. Sounded great. As it turned out I could probaby have come as the relatives we were expecting didn't arrive till after 3.

For a suggestion I recently did a ride round Loch Leven. From Kirkliston the total length was 75 kms. We could meet up at Inverkeithing station and have lunch at the Green Hotel in Kinross or Vane Farm. It's not really on quiet roads but it's not too bad.
I like the sound of this one.;)

I know the manager of the Green so I could get us all nice seats and hopefully somewhere safe to leave our bikes ;)
 

Jane Smart

The Queen
Location
Dunfermline Fife
In fact there is also a nice wee place right on the side of the Loch, the Bistro I think it is called, does nice cakes and coffee and meals and the view is just amazing. Reached by heading into Kinross itself :-)
 
Lap of Loch Leven !!!!

A CC event I can ride out too ;). Over Falkland Hill just the warm thats needed for the inaugural CC individual sprint, Team TT, tour o' the loch.

Lots of refreshment stops on this one including my fav Heaven Scent in Milnathort (now open on a Sunday ;)).

Ideal for distance for all, rolling terrain, little bit of urban, loads of rural roads, light traffic and a new nursing home just outside Scotlandwell for the tired amonst us.
 

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Location
Edinburgh
satans budgie said:
Ideal for distance for all, rolling terrain, little bit of urban, loads of rural roads, light traffic and a new nursing home just outside Scotlandwell for the tired amonst us.
And Glenfarg Distillery is quite close as well:evil:
 
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Location
Edinburgh
Right - 3 choices is enough for a poll ...:biggrin:
There are some route maps around for the 1st two options, anybody care to draw one for the lap of Loch Leven (perhaps including Cleish Hills along the Ed-St Andrews route?)

Allowing multiple choices, and it's public this time

The polling station is open - we don't do "hung rides", if we end up with equal votes, I am open to bribes :biggrin:

T
 
Top Bottom