next CC Ecosse ride May/June

Where to go ...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Halfmanhalfbike said:
Really p**d off I didn't make the Lithgy ride. Sounded great. As it turned out I could probaby have come as the relatives we were expecting didn't arrive till after 3.

For a suggestion I recently did a ride round Loch Leven. From Kirkliston the total length was 75 kms. We could meet up at Inverkeithing station and have lunch at the Green Hotel in Kinross or Vane Farm. It's not really on quiet roads but it's not too bad.

+1

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Halfmanhalfbike said:

:biggrin: That was quick! Or is this one you prepared earlier? :biggrin:
I'll add all the route maps to the 1st post.

We could extend it slightly for those who want to, to include the crossing of the Forth Bridge (as requested by Coco at some point I seem to remember), or pick people up all the way from Edinburgh, to join a growing peloton of CC Ecossers :smile:... stations at Haymarket and Dalmeny would be suitable if any westies fancy that.

But I am getting ahead of myself ... IF this is the chosen route of course.

Halfmanhalfbike said:
I do a similar route quite often but I tend to go through the Cleish Hills to Kinross to avoid the traffic and similary at the south end of the loch, I carry on to Ballingry and go over Benarty Hill.

I forgot to say there's a nice cafe around the north side of the loch too and quite a few pubs all round.

scook94

Veteran
As I've not done the Loch Leven route I opted for that one. Just need to find the cycle path Jane uses to Kincardine so I can get myself from Stirling and I'll be sorted!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I've voted for the Perth route because:
- L Leven is my 'bread and butter' route and I like a change for CC rides
- L Venacher has that off-road bit - and I don't much like falling off :smile:

BUT I might still come if it's the L Leven route :biggrin:

Good cafe at the east end of L Leven too - Lochend Farm IIRC, where you can watch the gliders taking off from the Scottish Gliding Centre across the road. It's just at the bend in the B920 heading towards Scotlandwell. Good cakes :tongue:

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
HLaB said:
I do a similar route quite often but I tend to go through the Cleish Hills to Kinross to avoid the traffic and similary at the south end of the loch, I carry on to Ballingry and go over Benarty Hill.

I never thought about going the Cleish/Ballingry/Benarty route. That looks better since it's quieter. Revised route would then be:-

Clockwise
Inverkeithing - Crossgates - Kelty - Greenknowes - Cleish Hills- Cleish - Kinross - Balgedie - Scotlandwell - Ballingry - Kelty - Crossgates - Inverkeithing

We could do the same route anti-clockwise if preferred

Approx 65 km in total

I'm at work just now so MapMyRide is blocked :tongue: but I'll re-do it later

TechMech

I've voted for them all as i'm happy to do any of them.

However, if it does end up being the LL ride, i'll probably just cycle there from Perth (like SB is doing from Cupar) and meet you somewhere there for a lap of the loch then coffee and cake :whistle:

So in a way it'll be a bit like an RV ride with a twist :biggrin:

scook94 said:
As I've not done the Loch Leven route I opted for that one. Just need to find the cycle path Jane uses to Kincardine so I can get myself from Stirling and I'll be sorted!
If its the one I thinking off If you can get through to just north of Clackmannan it runs all the way sufaced and off road to the west side of Dunfermline. My prefered route from Stirling to Dunfermline (something like this) through is along the Hillfoot Road to Menstrie or Alva take a right down to the B9140 and through Fishcross, Coalnaughton, right to Saline and along the B914 through Steelend. You can then either follow my route right (south) into Dunfermline or take a left (50 yrds ahead) which takes you straight over the Cleish Hills to Kinross/ Loch Leven.

sleekitcollie

scook94 said:
i,ve done that cycle path ,well from clackmannan it runs to dunfermline but i just rode to oakley and back as ma wee dug was in at the groomers in clackmannan :whistle: , its well surfaced but at the time i was on it it was well covered in fallen leaves , would thing it would be fine now

sleekitcollie is in the area - beware of exploding tyres :biggrin:

Top Bottom