next CC Ecosse ride May/June

Where to go ...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
Thanks for that HLaB, it gives me a couple of options but if we do the longer route I may dump the car at Inverkeithing.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Do you want me to actually turn up WITH a bike this time?? :ohmy:

:wacko:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I know, I couldn't even get to the Park Bistro for 3!

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be fine once I actually get round to doing something about that stupid velicipede thingimybobber of mine.

Either that or I'll just fall asleep again.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Any chance it could be on a Saturday so I can make any of the routes? I managed to get on Sunday 20th June but thats for the Trossachs Tonne so can't get another Sunday off as they are all booked up ;)
The Loch Leven one is one my doorstep almost - I do a 25 mile loop from Cardenden, Lochgelly, Ballingry, Scotlandwell, Milnathort, Kelty, Cowdenbeath then back to Cardenden. Use it for tempo work or just an easy spin. Also ride out past Cleish, Crook o Devon, Saline etc on different routes and ride up the north side of Cleish Hill regularly (wish it got easier :smile:)
+1 for Heaven Scent in Milnathort as it would mean I could go up to Dunning then pop in on the way back - need to do more hills to prep for the TT. Or I could head out east go up the 2 hills on Falkland hill and maybe meet up with Satans B for nice wee run. I'm off to checkout routes :smile:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HonestMan1910 said:
Anyone doing Edin - St Andrews this year ?

HM1910

Thinking about it - will probably sign up on the day as last year.

A great day out in good company, there were quite a few CCers last year, Scoosh, Mrs Scoosh & Scoosh Junior (AKA "the Experiment"), Touche, SimonBrooks (is he still CC-ing, haven't "seen" him for a while?), HJ, and I saw Noodley disappear off into the distance (chasing the Noodlettes who were heading for a swim or something I believe :blush:). We mostly rode independently at our own pace, but kept meeting up at various places by chance, and then at the finish "on purpose".

T

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
kfinlay said:
Any chance it could be on a Saturday so I can make any of the routes? I managed to get on Sunday 20th June but thats for the Trossachs Tonne so can't get another Sunday off as they are all booked up :biggrin:

Hi Kevin, if you vote (for Saturdays only), you are improving your chances that a Saturday will be the most popular day. Every vote counts equally on CC :blush:

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
HLaB said:
Can you access Bikely? I take this route to avoid traffic but the climb from the North of Inverkeithing to Loch Glow (in the Cleish Hills), especially by the Hospital is a bit steep, although there is a cycle path bail out there :girl:

That looks like a much better route than my original suggestion. A lot less time on main roads.................but a lot hillier:evil:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Update - I've added HLaB's hilly Loch Leven route version to Post #1, so everything is in one place for those in a hurry :girl:

T

Coco

Telemark said:
Hi Kevin, if you vote (for Saturdays only), you are improving your chances that a Saturday will be the most popular day. Every vote counts equally on CC :smile:

If you are unable to get enough votes for a Saturday, I'll be willing to form a coalition with you for the price of a few cakes :tongue:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:smile: bribery & corruption! We shall have to carry out an enquiry, and all cakes will have to be confiscated until further notice, pending the outcome :tongue:.

T

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
I won't be able to make anything in June unfortunately. However, I'm going to look into organising something in July, perhaps out my way (Torrance and surrounding area). Watch this space. (Trainstation: Bishopbriggs)

The only downside is there are a fair few hills around here. Organising a ride that avoids them is difficult!:blush::laugh:

You wouldn't be including them so that you can show off your hill-climbing prowess now, would you? :wacko::biggrin::biggrin:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Had to revise my availability, my sister's coming for a visit the last weekend of the month and I only get to see her a couple of times a year as she lives abroad so that takes precedence I'm afraid.

Top Bottom