next CC Ecosse ride May/June

Where to go ...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
Just come to the Keswick Sportive with me instead on Saturday, a whole month's worth of climbing in one morning! :tongue:

Are you looking for another official photographer like?

Ranger

I'll go for the Loch Leven route, I know somewhere really cheap to stop for a cup of coffee:biggrin: (check out the members map) if it is on a day I can manage

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
OK, I've updated the original post with the chosen route and day,
Loch Leven on Saturday 22nd May - that's this weekend :smile:.

Now we just need a time and place to meet on the day ...
Is Inverkeithing train station a suitable place?
Is 10:30 too early for those who come from further afield?

Which cafe are we going aim for? 6-8 is fewer than last time, but we might still want to pre-warn them. There were several suggestions, I'll try and track them down in a bit.

Here's who signed up so far:
Bhoyjim
Scook94
Techmech
Scoosh
Telemark
HJ

TBC:
Ranger
HLaB

Those sadly missing out :biggrin::
Jane Smart
Coco
Sleekitcollie

Those who can't make any of the suggested days :biggrin::sad::
HalfManHalfBike
Eldudino
Kfinlay
Satans Budgie

Apologies if I missed anybody ...

T

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Coco said:
I'll stick a posting up for an early June ride. RV or route? What say you?

Yay! Go for it, either is fine with me ... provided I can make the chosen day :smile:!

What lovely routes are you proposing? A Crow Road excursion? :ohmy:;)

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Depending on the experience/fitness of who turns up on Saturday, I would suggest we go Inverkeithing - Crossgates - Hill of Beath - Kelty - Blairadam ... then HLaB's route round Loch Leven - Cleish Hill - and follow the reverse Edinburgh/St Andrew's route through Crossford - Rosyth - Inverkeithing.

Alternative would be to go to Crossgates - Cowdenbeath - Lumphillans - Lochgelly - Balingry - Scotlandwell etc.

Plenty cafes, all tried by various folk, so we could do a stop-at-every-cafe-ride and have a real caffeine fix ;) . . . ;).

For those coming from further afield by train/bike, Inverkeithing is about 40mins ride from Linlithgow and 60-70 mins from central Edinburgh.

scook94

Veteran
scoosh said:
Depending on the experience/fitness of who turns up on Saturday, I would suggest we go Inverkeithing - Crossgates - Hill of Beath - Kelty - Blairadam ... then HLaB's route round Loch Leven - Cleish Hill - and follow the reverse Edinburgh/St Andrew's route through Crossford - Rosyth - Inverkeithing.

Alternative would be to go to Crossgates - Cowdenbeath - Lumphillans - Lochgelly - Balingry - Scotlandwell etc.

Plenty cafes, all tried by various folk, so we could do a stop-at-every-cafe-ride and have a real caffeine fix ;) . . . :wacko:.

For those coming from further afield by train/bike, Inverkeithing is about 40mins ride from Linlithgow and 60-70 mins from central Edinburgh.

I'm very keen to try Cleish Hill, keep hearing so much about it!

scook94 said:
I'm very keen to try Cleish Hill, keep hearing so much about it!
Its relatively easy from the south, thats the way I did it last night. From the north is a wee bit harder but at least it levels out for a bit halfway. I had thought it was best to avoid the comming from the north with the forum but if the consensus is to do it, it can be done.

Top Bottom