next CC Ecosse ride May/June

Where to go ...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TechMech

kfinlay said:
Techmech: The 100 mile one as it's a step up from Etape Caledonia.
Got a route that takes in Cleish Hill, over into Dunning from Yetts o Muckhart then back out via Path o Condie then along to do the two climbs on Falkland Hill. Works out about 6 climbs of different type, 1750m of ascent and about 75 miles. If I can do this at a reasonable pace then I'll be ready for the TT 100 miler.

Telemark: thanks, I'm looking after myself as hate being unwell - mainly as I'm having trouble sleeping not having a cold. No sleep means I'm like a bear with a sore heid!

If you want a testing route then what about this. This was setup by the Kinross CC as a challenge route and was run in April.....quite a few didn't finish it!

(I didn't even attempt it at that point in the year, but hope to do the course soon)

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
TechMech said:
If you want a testing route then what about this. This was setup by the Kinross CC as a challenge route and was run in April.....quite a few didn't finish it!

(I didn't even attempt it at that point in the year, but hope to do the course soon)

Looks good and I'm not put off, would be good training ride for the Ken Laidlaw I reckon. Will do the TT first and keep this route for after that. Would be good for a group ride maybe in July?

scook94

Veteran
kfinlay said:
Looks good and I'm not put off, would be good training ride for the Ken Laidlaw I reckon. Will do the TT first and keep this route for after that. Would be good for a group ride maybe in July?

+1

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:becool: We could devise a 2nd route skirting (some of) the hills and going past all the cafes, and people could duck and dive between the two routes as they wish :biggrin:.
That way everybody is happy, greyhounds, mountain goats and CC Ecosse's finest cake eaters :rolleyes:

The more I think about, the more I like the idea, for later in the summer, when we've all had a bit more time to build up miles and altitude :biggrin:. We might even tempt our audaxing friends from further north :thumbsup: - and possibly south :ohmy:;):ohmy: - along for something like this ....

This could be a legendary outing :laugh:

T

Top Bottom