next CC Ecosse ride May/June

Where to go ...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TechMech

scoosh said:
Not even after your success on the Etape :biggrin: ???

Shame :sad: - we'll miss you :biggrin: (and I had some special hills for you :thumbsup:)

Saturday's are always problematic for me, Sunday's are no bother at all.

I went out for a blast on the bike tonight (first outing since Etape) and did my usual 21 mile route (712ft of ascent). Came back home in 01:17:56 and averaged 16.2mph which is my fastest ever! Surprised even myself there :biggrin:

Eoin Rua

Hey,

Pretty new here, was directed to this thread by Scoosh (cheers for that!)...going to be around Edinburgh for the next while, looking to do a lot of cycling - the routes suggested here look sweet, would definitely be interested in getting involved at some point!

ACS

Legendary Member
Eoin Rua said:
Hey,

Pretty new here, was directed to this thread by Scoosh (cheers for that!)...going to be around Edinburgh for the next while, looking to do a lot of cycling - the routes suggested here look sweet, would definitely be interested in getting involved at some point!

:wacko::biggrin:

Hi, I have been lurking on here for a while but have never been able to make any of the rides. I can now do tomorrow but unfortunately, have not been riding regulalry since before the winter set in. I am fairly confident of being able to do the 41 miles but am a bit concerned that my pace might be a bit slow, especially up the hills.

What kind of speed do you ride at??

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
We ride at the speed of the slowest, especially on hills, no one ever gets left behind. This is not a racing club, we have special techniques for fast riders, we don't tell then what the route is so every time they get to a junction they have to stop and wait for the rest of us :ohmy: unless it is HLaB, in which case we let him use a GPS and sun glasses then wait for him to get lost... :biggrin:

Please feel free to join us! We have been know to venture out in to East Lothian on occasions, I expect we will do some rides out that way again this year.

Thanks HJ, Think I will come along. As long as no one laughs at my old bike with mud guards and panniers.

I will be taking the car to Inverkeithing. If anyone in the Edinburgh area wants a lift let me know.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Do we have a confirmed route yet and stop location so I know where I can pick up the rest of you guys.
Still got a stuffy head cold so may not be doing as much as I had wanted to do - want to make sure I'm 100% for a bigger ride next weekend.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
macmerry saint said:
Thanks HJ, Think I will come along. As long as no one laughs at my old bike with mud guards and panniers.

I will be taking the car to Inverkeithing. If anyone in the Edinburgh area wants a lift let me know.

You won't be alone with mud guards and panniers... :biggrin:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
kfinlay said:
Do we have a confirmed route yet and stop location so I know where I can pick up the rest of you guys.

Sorry guys, I've been away for a couple of days down south for work ...
you are far too polite, you should have just gone ahead and made some decisions!

:biggrin: Kev - I take it you are not fond of the idea of a cafe crawl? :biggrin: We'd be rolling along the road without our wheels after a few stops :ohmy:

Somebody suggested the Loch Leven Larder - let's go there, I've never been yet but have heard good things :tongue::hungry:. How big is the place? Those who have been - do you think we should reserve a table or just move on to the next suggested cafe in a clock-wise direction? :biggrin:
loch_leven_eating.jpg

About the route, there are a couple of map links on the front page. There seemed to be a consensus that we'd go for the longer route which is on more quiet roads, over the Cleish Hills (on the way north).
If memory serves me right, Scoosh(ie :smile:) suggested a slight modification (post #71), to make it a wee bit less taxing by avoiding something a bit steeper - but he didn't map it!

Hope your cold goes away quickly, I seem to have picked up a southern version xx( ... coughing & sneezing for the last couple of days , but I am hoping to feel better tomorrow morning. If I don't, I'd sadly have to bail out :biggrin:, as I wouldn't want to pass it on to anybody, now that summer has finally arrived :sun:

I'll have an early night tonight, hope that helps ...

T

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
macmerry saint said:

hah! We can have a competition on who has the oldest and heaviest bike and the prettiest mudguards then :biggrin:
Looking forward to seeing you!

Oh, and welcome to CC Ecosse :biggrin:

T

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Here are all the details again:

Route: Loch Leven on Saturday 22nd May - tomorrow :biggrin:
Start: 10:30 Inverkeithing train station (car park)
Cafe: Loch Leven Larder (or next one in a clockwise direction accoring to Kevin's map)

Confirmed (5):
Scook94
Techmech
Scoosh
HJ
Macmerry Saint

TBC (5):
Ranger
HLaB
Kfinlay (cold permitting, will catch up along the route)
Eoin Rua
Telemark (cold permitting)

Those sadly missing out (lots :biggrin:)
Techmech
Bhoyjim
Jane Smart
Coco
Sleekitcollie
JimBR
HalfManHalfBike
Eldudino
Satans Budgie

Did I miss anybody?

Top Bottom