Next year................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I spend all week "telling people what to do" and herding cats. One of the things I love about The Fridays is being one of the cats and not having anyone look to me for leadership for a change.

Simon: Candle duly lit for you and your daughter.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
a) Martin and others will run the tour
OK. Now it is in the public domain, I think it is time for an explanatory thread (rather than the "conversation" that has taken place) from me. This will be a long read and take a while to compose. I try with these things to write them, cut them, and leave them for a while before returning to them and then cut them some more. So it might be a while before it appears.

thom

____
Here's a route - slight puncture potential yet incorporating countryside in the city and a hill climb through the darkness of Hampstead Heath.
Start somewhere on East Heath Road, possibly Vale of Heath, descending down to where it becomes S End Road.
Take a left onto the cycle path through the Heath, which wends its way between a couple of ponds before going left, round and upwards steadily but not steeply, across Lime Avenue, across the bridge, round past the loos and upwards to a finish line within the park but just below the B519 which is Spaniards Road where you get a view between the trees across the city.

Top Bottom