Nice looking Jag spotted yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Not one of Jaguars better motors.

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
One of their more beautiful ones though, I feel. Though this example needs nicer wheels.

My wife almost started life in an XJS, her mother was driven 30 miles to the hospital in Dundee in one with the contractions well underway! My wife still smiles when she sees an XJS.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
And to think, they claim 'range anxiety' is a modern phenomenon
I once had range anxiety when I owned a slightly shonky Ford Capri in the early 90s, it would only do about 30-50 miles before losing all its coolant and needed to be filled up before the temp gauge hit red. I was very young and couldn't afford a new radiator before you all rebuke me. 😄

slow scot

Veteran
One of their more beautiful ones though, I feel. Though this example needs nicer wheels.

My wife almost started life in an XJS, her mother was driven 30 miles to the hospital in Dundee in one with the contractions well underway! My wife still smiles when she sees an XJS.
An XJS in Dundee?? No chance!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[/QUOTE]
The irish reg is a cheap way of getting a private plate and disguising it's age
First registered in Feb 1995.

Looks like a change of owner (or owner changed address) in 2012 resulting in a new ‘log book’.
Why bother? What's wrong with a 1995 registration plate? It's obvious that the car is 'old' Who would actually have a W I A 7072 plate thinking it looks like someone's initials, date of birth etc?! :rolleyes:

tyred

Legendary Member

Why bother? What's wrong with a 1995 registration plate? It's obvious that the car is 'old' Who would actually have a W I A 7072 plate thinking it looks like someone's initials, date of birth etc?! :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]
Maybe the owner is called William Ian Anderson and he was born in July 1972.

Gunk

Guru

Hmm, I remember them being run by TWR in the ETCC in the mid 80s along with their Rover Vitesses.

Actually, Tom Walkinshaw won the '84 ETCC in an XJ-S.

Initial production of the XJ-S started in 1975, btw.

Top Bottom