England : Leicestershire Nice pie the revisit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
You haven't checked that route properly , priory lane the steep bit then green lane before nice pie :surrender:

Gets me that square, Priory Lane is a doddle and I've got to do Green Lane at some point :laugh:

Looks like I need to sell a kidney :laugh:
Nah, just the house. And the car. And the wife......:laugh:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Nah, just the house. And the car. And the wife......:laugh:

Well, the wife might fetch enough for a couple of pairs of socks :biggrin:

Btw, I was talking to Paul on today`s ride about next weeks Skeggy trip (its on Saturday, not Sunday). I`m not going to do it, because its going to be a heads down thrash fest and that`s not what I want from cycling. The headbangers are in on it and all they care about his their own performance and anyone that cant keep up is just left to fend for themselves.

I`v said on numerous occasions to my closest cycling pals (Paul W and Martin B) that I much prefer going out with you guys because its proper social riding and so much more fun :notworthy:

So, I guess I`ll be seeing you guys on Sunday :hello:

Well, the wife might fetch enough for a couple of pairs of socks :biggrin:

Btw, I was talking to Paul on today`s ride about next weeks Skeggy trip (its on Saturday, not Sunday). I`m not going to do it, because its going to be a heads down thrash fest and that`s not what I want from cycling. The headbangers are in on it and all they care about his their own performance and anyone that cant keep up is just left to fend for themselves.

I`v said on numerous occasions to my closest cycling pals (Paul W and Martin B) that I much prefer going out with you guys because its proper social riding and so much more fun :notworthy:

So, I guess I`ll be seeing you guys on Sunday :hello:

Sweet, we can meet up and get a ton out of it then! If my mate comes he lives in swad so we need to devise a route back from nice pie......

...didn’t fancy the thrash fest then ?

Last edited:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Sweet, we can meet up and get a ton out of it then! If my mate comes he lives in swad so we need to devise a route back from nice pie......

...didn’t fancy the thrash fest then ?

Yeah, we can make it a ton, but need to have a look at the route a little bit more and confirm.

I cant be arsed with thrashing it, Chris. I`v been dodging the OCC Thursday evening rides because its become a stupid balls out blast now that its become popular with local KoM hunters... I was on the very first Thursday ride from the church with 5 others and it was a proper social 30 miler at around 17mph, but its since morphed into something that I do not like. The guys that are ruining it have done the same thing to other rides, namely the Lloyds Cycles evening ride that used to be popular 3 or more years ago. These guys were warned a couple of weeks ago that the Thursday ride is a social ride and that Tuesday is thrash it day, but that lasted for 1 ride :laugh:... They are putting people off, but they cant help themselves....

Rant over :blush:

Yeah, we can make it a ton, but need to have a look at the route a little bit more and confirm.

I cant be arsed with thrashing it, Chris. I`v been dodging the OCC Thursday evening rides because its become a stupid balls out blast now that its become popular with local KoM hunters... I was on the very first Thursday ride from the church with 5 others and it was a proper social 30 miler at around 17mph, but its since morphed into something that I do not like. The guys that are ruining it have done the same thing to other rides, namely the Lloyds Cycles evening ride that used to be popular 3 or more years ago. These guys were warned a couple of weeks ago that the Thursday ride is a social ride and that Tuesday is thrash it day, but that lasted for 1 ride :laugh:... They are putting people off, but they cant help themselves....

Rant over :blush:

That’s a shame mate...

I thought clubs catered for all abilities but I’ve never ridden with one so I wouldn’t know. Personally I much prefer the social endurance style rides with you guys than flat out thrashing it although on occasion I might focus the odd solo effort on speed but it’s each to their own I guess. If they’re looking to expand then perhaps it’s not the way to go eh? Ah well, their loss is our gain!!

Last edited:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Oh and my mate says he has you on his strava (must be through the OCC group) and he said he’s happy to meet you on the way through to Bozzie? His name’s Martin Dolman in case you were wondering.

Yeah. I noticed his "fast and flat" (or whatever it was) 100 mile ride on the OCC leader board the other week and thought it was such a great effort, so I gave him a kudos. More than happy to meet up with him on the way to Bozzy at Albert Village clock, all being well :thumbsup:

Top Bottom