England : Leicestershire Nice pie the revisit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry to hear that, hope all is ok!

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
That’s a shame mate...

I thought clubs catered for all abilities but I’ve never ridden with one so I wouldn’t know. Personally I much prefer the social endurance style rides with you guys than flat out thrashing it although on occasion I might focus the odd solo effort on speed but it’s each to their own I guess. If they’re looking to expand then perhaps it’s not the way to go eh? Ah well, their loss is our gain!!

I know what you mean , i stopped riding with the fast mercia crew for the same reasons, its was all about the average speed so much they avoided hilly rides and if you couldnt keep up it was bye bye .
I heard today OCC was like that too which is why i havent ridden with them so far .
I would rather go at a steadier pace and have a good time rather than killing myself in search of numbers.

The longer OCC social rides are great. The Grantham ride we did just over a week ago was excellent, its the Thursday thrash that grinds my gears.... Its lost its appeal to me.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Yeah he’s pretty nippy and hes into his fast n flat rides but also likes steady socials too. That place is just up the road from his house so that might work out sound. Well he said he’s up for it so I’ll relay the information to him and all being well he might touch base with you on strava and arrange accordingly.

All sorted, meeting up with him at 08:00 for the ride to Bozzy.

Serge

Über Member
Hi all. I know this is really cheeky as you don't know me from Adam but, would there be any chance of joining you on Sunday? Please feel completely free to say no, I will take no offence whatsoever.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Hi all. I know this is really cheeky as you don't know me from Adam but, would there be any chance of joining you on Sunday? Please feel completely free to say no, I will take no offence whatsoever.
It's a forum ride open to everyone your more than welcome . . It's a social ride pace is the slowest riders pace noone gets dropped . . Can you find the start point ok . Car park of Bosworth country park by the toilet block

Serge

Über Member
It's a forum ride open to everyone your more than welcome . . It's a social ride pace is the slowest riders pace noone gets dropped . . Can you find the start point ok . Car park of Bosworth country park by the toilet block
Already had a quick look, it's only an hour away from me so 08:45 meet is perfect.

Barring disasters in the interim, I'll see you there.

Serge

Über Member
New people are always welcome, we only have one rule*, new person has to buy the cakes and coffee at the cafe stop.

*I may have made that rule up
Beer yes, cakes and coffee no.

Top Bottom