Nice surprise - click & collect.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
It looks a damn sight nicer than the Tipo that was around in '89 or so.
Without a doubt the worst car we ever had, and we've had a Skoda Estelle and a Hyundai Accent!

Salar

A fish out of water
Blimey, didn't know Fiat did a Teapot wagon. That looks alright. What's the boot like?

The boot is big, one of the biggest in the C class, with one of those floors that go up and down, not quite as big as an Octavia or a 308, but it will accommodate something 1800mm long with the seats down.

And, it has a proper spare wheel. :smile:

I'd been looking for an estate to "downsize" our vehicles i.e go down to one car + business van. I've driven a few Tipos as courtesy cars and quite liked them, ok the motoring press don't rate them too highly, so what, they aren't paying for it, the nearest rival estate was approx £8K more, a no brainer.

I'm more used to 2.0 litre + diesel turbos with firm suspension and a bit of poke, so will need to adjust to the more leisurely drive of the Fiat 1.4 petrol engine and softer suspension. Must be a sign of getting old. :smile: But I'm not ready for the flat cap just yet.

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
1605292792432.png

We got this last month. Pure mid life crisis :laugh: . E Class AMG line cabriolet

byegad

Legendary Member
Yes. Ordered my new Toyota Corolla Touring mid August online followed by call from the dealer Got it 27th September, click and collect. Sad to see the Yaris go, it was a 68 plate and we'd planned to keep it a while longer, but the Touring, aka Estate Corolla will take her wheelchair in the boot area with the rear seats ready for use, on the Yaris they had to be down.
Totally gobsmacked that the Corolla is doing better than the Yaris, both hybrids, mpg wise. I was happy with the Yaris mpg!

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Nice little car, although I don't fancy the rubber band tyres.

Rides really well on them tbh - even over the crap roads where we live. Bit worried about potential pot-hole damage though.

Bonkers little engine - pulls really hard in 5th & nearly as hard in 6th from under 2000rpm.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Bit worried about potential pot-hole damage though.

It has relatively large diameter wheels/tyres for a small car which will offer some protection.

You'd also like to think a VW would be properly engineered and made.

Steel wheels would make more sense, but consumers regard them as cheap, and no maker can be expected to offer something they know won't sell.

Top Bottom