Nice things you have said to each other. (Slushy, lovey-dovey alert.)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We're a very close couple, both very romantic and used to a spot of 'our relationship navel gazing' - we're used to saying nice things to each other.

The other night, whilst burrowing through our alcohol reserves and listening to some brilliant contemporary 'pop' tracks with meaningful lyrics, we embarked on a discussion re our relationship.

At one point Lovely Wife said "Even when we are doing nothing I like doing nothing when it's with you." :smooch:

Oxymoron aside, I rather liked that and was quite touched by the remark.

Care to share your lovey-dovey remarks to each other...

Dave7

Legendary Member
Last week I said to my wife that after we got married I felt like I wanted to eat her. For the next 50+ years I wished I had eaten her.

Drago

Legendary Member
The other night I was advancing towards the bed clad only in my best Y fronts, when I said to Mrs D...

"You're a lucky lady - you married this body, you can do what you want to it!"

Who says romance is dead?

postman

Legendary Member
Someone close to us. Is celebrating thirty years of married life, at the end of the month. She told him i just seems like yesterday when we got married. He replied yes and you know what a lousy day yesterday was.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Sooky post alert!

I told my wife that I had only one regret. That we hadn’t met each other 15 years earlier. I wake every morning next to her, and I feel incredibly lucky to have her beside me each day. I tell her how much I value and love her every day. I buy her her favourite flowers every Friday. I’m completely smitten.’:wub:

My favourite quote relating to her would be.. ‘Life isn’t about the amount of breaths we take. It about the amount of times our breath is taken away.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I remember hearing a conversation that went something along these lines:
"How do I look?"
"Beautiful my dear, it must have taken you ages."

gbb

Legendary Member
I know or suspect this thread was really aimed at couples, but our 4yo grandaughter has evolved a tactic when shes going to get told off....
'Imogen, come here, what's all this about blah blah'
She will wander up to you...
'I love you grandad :smile: '

She's no fool, little minx.

Top Bottom