Nice to see a lorry driver doing the right thing and getting praise for it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boyfrom64

Veteran
Nice to see a lorry driver doing the right thing and getting praise for it

First and foremost I will make it quite clear that I work for the company in question.

Being cyclists we all know only too well the risks we face from other road users and especially HGV’s, therefore to read a story whereby a lorry driver has taken the time and trouble to put the safety of a cyclist first; when all too often this is ignored due to the pressures of their daily workload.

A driver doing their job properly

If the cyclist in question is a CC member then I am very pleased that one of my company’s drivers behaved as he did and I should also like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write your letter highlighting the treatment you received.

Safe riding to one and all

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A local company near me, David Hathaway, has equally courteous drivers and I have emailed them in the past in similar terms.

I had one of those pink stretch limos overtake me very well on a dodgy narrow road. I emailed to say thanks, I was a bit naughty and headed the email "Your driver today" so maybe they expected someone having a go. I got a nice reply and thanks. Word spreads.

I have recently twice emailed companies to say thank you. 1 replied saying they had forwarded the response to the contractor concerned and the other I heard nothing from whatsoever. But I have to say I only do it when they have really gone out of their way - in one case physically doing an emergency stop on a country lane to avoid hitting some deep flood water (not normally a flooding point and has not since been flooded) at the same time as myself - we both came around a corner to find this unexpected 'flood' - short, sharp & deep. I simply could not stop in time, the refuse lorry could and did, otherwise I would have been soaked to the skin and stood a fair chance of getting knocked off the bike by a wall of water.

Top Bottom