Nice weather for Ducks!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karlos_the_jackal

Work in progress
Got my waterproofs on ( breathable ??) got down to bike. Slow puncture was raining at time so pumped up and moved off. Got about 3 miles into commute until i decided will have to change it.

Halfords spanners are awful! did one side just kept on spinning on the other side though so was a story of ride 2 miles and then pump tyre until i got about 3 miles from home and phoned my dad who has a van luckily.

Must get mudguards also! although that will just probably encourage me to ride through the pools of water more.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bugger.....the predicted torrential rain is 30 mins early.....metcheck said 4.00pm.... Might have stopped by home time..... Full wet gear I think !

Allegedly it's gonna nail us darn in the sarf east overnight .. hope that's correct 'cos I'm off out and about visting various family members on the "way home" tonight and I don't need it arriving early .. xx(

Happy swimming, fossy.

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Well the 5.5 miles from Marylebone to Clapham Junction that I have just done was fun :biggrin: I didn't realise the Park Lane hotels had outdoor swimming pools... stretching into the middle of the road! :wacko: Spectacular lightning storm though but I can say that I've never gotton so wet on a bike!

Bodhbh

Guru
Think the London area gets another dose of heavy downpour early this afternoon. We get 1/2 day on Friday so that's the Friday afternoon run borked.

Generally the last couple of weeks 'sunshine and showers' not been too bad tbh. Doom and gloom forecast but never seems as bad in practice, had some nice rides and been in the garden in shorts most nights.

galaxy1

well,that commute was officially the least amount of fun that I've had in a while...

Femto

Hmm, I think Niagra Falls has parked itself directly above us here.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better cos I've got a 40 mile run with some friends planned. Tsch!
madstormcloud.gif

Cubist

Still wavin'
Femto said:
Hmm, I think Niagra Falls has parked itself directly above us here.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better cos I've got a 40 mile run with some friends planned. Tsch!
madstormcloud.gif

Most fun West Yorks can throw at you is some proper rain. Went on a 15 miler on Thursday evening with the MTB club. Low turnout of 4 in our group, and discovered just how wet you can get over 2 hours in the rain. Adds to the grin factor.

Plax

Guru
I think we've pretty much had our summer. I managed to cycle into work today and stay dry. About 10 minutes after getting into work it started to P*ss it down, and hasn't stopped since. In fact the mountains are just a brief outline in the mist. Visability must be zero up Snowdon! I'm hoping it will stop by home time as I left my overshoes at home (not so fussed about not having other waterproofs), and this is soggy feet weather.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I wore my big waterproof coat that I normally reserve for winter time, waterproof trousers and because I knew my feet would get wet what ever I wore I decided to help them and wore flip flops ...:biggrin: at least they then dry quickly.

Top Bottom