Nigel Dean Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Went to the dentist today. On the way back spotted a bike with drop bars for sale at the back of a pile of cheap MTBs outside a shop that mainly sells hoovers and washing machines. 531 frame by Nigel Dean, didn't get a good look at it, £45 on the sticker. Reasonably nice bits on it, obviously a few years old (downtube shifters), tatty but looks like it'd clean up nice.

New one on me, anyone know anything?. Not sure what size it was, looked around 57 cm to my eye.

Nigel Dean was a racer turned factory owner who, in the mid to late eighties was responsible for making 'own brand' frames and complete bikes for the likes of FW Evans and Condor amongst others.

The Nigel Dean brand itself never really took off and after a failed attempt to introduce Pacific (who now own Schwinn and GT) bikes from Taiwan into the UK rather faded into oblivion.

Evans moved on to badge engineered Orbit bikes, Condor used rebadged Yates of Geordieland for a while.

They were perfectly good bikes in their day.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Thanks.

Might mosey on down there again on Saturday, see what size it actually is and take a better look.

I like the idea of another bike but I haven't the space, that might not stop me.

Chances are it's too large anyway.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I'd give you a fiver :biggrin:

Actually, in my hands, a bike that age would last 2 mins :biggrin:

Hi,
Could anyone give me a value of this bike or its parts so I can put it/them on eBay.

It sold for about £400 in the mid to late eighties. It's not old enough or rare enough or from a particularly desirable brand to be worth a great deal, though there's nothing actually 'wrong' with it. The parts have zero desirability too, and the rear end is spaced wrong for modern components.

Between £50 and £100 I reckon.

Does the seat post move is the question.....

gentlemanvase

It sold for about £400 in the mid to late eighties. It's not old enough or rare enough or from a particularly desirable brand to be worth a great deal, though there's nothing actually 'wrong' with it. The parts have zero desirability too, and the rear end is spaced wrong for modern components.

Between £50 and £100 I reckon.

Does the seat post move is the question.....

Thanks, I'll try it at that price on eBay.

Top Bottom