England : Isle of Wight Night Ride Around The Coast 2019 (May 3)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
I'll be driving in from Kent so any suggestions for a place to park up outside the town and ride in will be appreciated.

I’ll need a kip half way round before driving back too.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
I'm leaning towards not doing this ride, I'm sorry to say. The practical challenges mean that I may be better off getting some more local miles in my legs. But for anyone else uncertain about this ride, I must emphasise it's a glorious one - far more peace and quiet than an average FNR (barring police officers looking for streakers).

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm leaning towards not doing this ride, I'm sorry to say. The practical challenges mean that I may be better off getting some more local miles in my legs. But for anyone else uncertain about this ride, I must emphasise it's a glorious one - far more peace and quiet than an average FNR (barring police officers looking for streakers).
You'll be missed, but safety first!

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

I'll be driving in from Kent so any suggestions for a place to park up outside the town and ride in will be appreciated.

I’ll need a kip half way round before driving back too.
Hmmm....pass. Hopefully someone has ideas!

colly

Re member eR
Ok just to be sure. We are on the 1am ferry and meeting on the quay side.
Not at home now and can only get a net connection on my phone.
Its patchy at best.

I'll pm @StuAff my phone number in case l get lost or waylaid in the badlands around portsmouth.

Edit: l assume l can buy a ticket on the ferry or dockside. Or am l being optimistic?

Last edited:
OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Ok just to be sure. We are on the 1am ferry and meeting on the quay side.
Not at home now and can only get a net connection on my phone.
Its patchy at best.

I'll pm @StuAff my phone number in case l get lost or waylaid in the badlands around portsmouth.

Edit: l assume l can buy a ticket on the ferry or dockside. Or am l being optimistic?
Yes, 1am ferry. There will probably be one or two other cyclists on the boat, but most of the two-wheeled people will be, er, us.
You won't get lost. If in doubt, head towards the big well lit pointy thing (Spinnaker Tower). There will be absolutely no problem buying a ticket on the night (I don't think this sailing ever sells out) but you can always buy it online (you get a PDF to print out, or there's a phone app) anyway.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Weather still looking pretty good. A little bit blowy, some rain until 1-2 am, and rather nippy (back to longs and gloves!) but otherwise not too bad.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Sorry Stu, after a few years of uninterrupted attendance I'm having to bow out of this one. Nothing sinister, but life has indeed got in the way.

Have a good ride y'all and for anyone lurking, it's a fantastic and unique route that deserves a wider audience, so get yourselves along. The view from the Blackgang roundabout is particularly inspiring. ;)

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Sorry Stu, after a few years of uninterrupted attendance I'm having to bow out of this one. Nothing sinister, but life has indeed got in the way.

Have a good ride y'all and for anyone lurking, it's a fantastic and unique route that deserves a wider audience, so get yourselves along. The view from the Blackgang roundabout is particularly inspiring. ;)

Ho hum. Next year, perhaps....

albal

Guru
Only just seen this stu, sorry. Would of been on board. Am on the IOW randonee on Sunday 5th . Good luck everyone .

Top Bottom