Night ride to the seaside 28/29 April 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
it's just occured to me that the chances of getting cheap advance rail tickets to London on the Friday are pretty slim.....
A moot point for me at least, there aren't any advance deals from Pompey anyway!

sheddy

Legendary Member
For the few of us who have successfully averted our eyes and ears to this event, is the day confirmed as a Bank Holiday ?

frank9755

Cyclist
Good link, Adrian (Sheddy, and others of a cautious disposition, it is safe to click it. There are no anthems or gratuitous pictures of royal frivolity, frivolous royalty or similar).

Interesting to see that there is another opportunity for a republican ride next year - the Queen's diamond jubilee bank holiday on 5 June!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Should anything happen to the "old queen", surely we should be calling her that by now, where might be a good place for a republican to go touring for a month or so to avoid both the funeral and the wing nut's subsequent coronation?

If Billy Windsor marrying a commoner is a step towards a bicycling monarchy might we expect one of them to turn out for a FNRttC in 2011?

Long live the Republic. Count me in. Could we go to Hastings as this is never going to be a Fnrttc destination?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hastings...like it. Easy enough for those who'll be heading back on the train, services via Brighton for me.

Tynan

Veteran
no to yet another South Coast ride, Essex has a hooge coastline and is very nice outside the built up bits

bloody sarf London mafia

those Royals seem to have made two extra bank holidays, which is nice, the royals are all right, it's the hysteria and hype around them, I suspect they like it no more than I do

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Although a bit of a backwater, it is not completely remote. What level of royalist celebration is a person in danger of encountering?

Not much. The First In Last Out, is a superb pub in the old town and last time I was there the landlord was expressing republican sympathies.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
cripes! I've screwed up the dates. We'll be coming back to London on the Friday, not the Saturday. Sorry.

Top Bottom