Night riding - the anti social aspect

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Take away the scroats, the smack heads, the not rights, the drunken knobs, the selfish and thoughtless bar stewards and the downright ignorant and there's only me left around here. That's why I stay in and watch tele of a night time. If I get up early for a ride most of the above are too lazy to be out and about. Occasionally I'll leave it until about 09.30 because most of the above will either be watching Jeremy Kyle or they'll be starring in it.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
night riding is naughty. Zoe Williams says so!
Does anyone have a link to the Zoe Williams article? Would be interested to read it. She is often on the right side of most subjects so would like to check this out...

I once had some kids shoot fireworks across the road. That was a scary experience.
I've only had that in the day time; most of the anti social behaviour I have come across has been in the light. I quite like our club session on a Tuesday its down in the Rosyth Dockyard and is a good distance away from the home of neds (Scottish chavs) and there is little or no traffic at that time. We usually chain gang but the wind was too strong for that last night.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Take away the scroats, the smack heads, the not rights, the drunken knobs, the selfish and thoughtless bar stewards and the downright ignorant and there's only me left around here. That's why I stay in and watch tele of a night time. If I get up early for a ride most of the above are too lazy to be out and about. Occasionally I'll leave it until about 09.30 because most of the above will either be watching Jeremy Kyle or they'll be starring in it.

You're really selling Worsley to us - sounds great! Though a quick Google shows someone likes the place- though the 'what's on guide' is a bit quiet. http://www.worsley.history.btinternet.co.uk/

brokenflipflop

Veteran
You're really selling Worsley to us - sounds great! Though a quick Google shows someone likes the place- though the 'what's on guide' is a bit quiet. http://www.worsley.history.btinternet.co.uk/
Worsley is in the City of Salford where there is precisely.....nothing ! It's the only city I know of without a city centre. No pro football team, no areas of greenery/beauty. If you like council estates, scroats and Tesco, it's brilliant. There isn't even an Asda in the whole city. I don't know why that bothers me, it just does. Worsley is the "posh" bit but as you've discovered it's also got bugger all. If you ever visit be sure to allocate about 20 minutes to see everything: There's the Bridgewater canal, there's Ryan Giggs's house, there's a council estate, there's Tesco and there's the M60. Goodbye !

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Sorry Moss Commuter. Irlam is also in Salford and it has......a Tesco, a big Tesco but not as big as the Worsley Tesco. Both these Tesco's are bigger than the Salford precinct Tesco which in turn is bigger than the Swinton Tesco but that is only a Tesco Express. The Swinton Tesco express by the way used to be the old Brook Tavern pub frequented by Dustin Gee many years ago and because it's a listed building ( God knows why because it looks shite) Tesco had to just convert the internal and leave most of the outside as it is. I actually hate Tesco but I appear to be Salford's Tesco spokeman don't I. Crap !

Which city is Asda @ Trafford in?

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Which city is Asda @ Trafford in?
The Trafford Asda is in the Borough of Trafford. There are only 2 cities in Greater Manchester - Salford and Manchester. There are several Boroughs including Trafford which when you think about it has a hell of a lot more going for it than the City of Salford e.g. Trafford centre, Ski factor, Manchester United, a David LLoyd, the JJB to name but a few.

Top Bottom