Nightmare Morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monnet

Guru
Right, I need to get this morning out of my system.

I went out last night for a few beers and deliberately curtailed my drinking and came home early so I'd be able to get up bright eyed and bushy tailed for the club run. Now, I'm quite new to the area and have only had chance to go out with them once before on a Sunday (although I have a done a couple of chaingangs). In addition I've had a few days off the bike this week due to a pimple on my arse so I was doubly keen to get out.

So, the alarm goes off, I get up (check pimple- it's disappeared, brilliant) right, time for breakfast. Into the kitchen. Water every where. There is water dripping through the ceiling (for the 2nd time this week!). The tenant wasn't in.:blush: The letting agent hadn't given me an emergency number so I rumaged through the contract and at 830, instead of getting ready for a thoroughly enjoyable ride I was on the door step of the landlord's house getting him to sort out the problem.

It turned out there was aproblem with the tap fitting (Iwould guess the guy who lives in the flat had tampered with it to cause the leak). To be fair to the landlord, he had it sorted by 1030. But it still leaves me going out this afternoon on my own rather than having a nice social ride with tea and cake. Harrumph. :angry:

That, as they say, is all.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Water stopped me going out too, but it wasn't coming through the ceiling. It's like a bad October day down here.

yenrod

Smokin Joe said:
Water stopped me going out too, but it wasn't coming through the ceiling. It's like a bad October day down here.

Fishguards geographically up to me Smoke!

My Dad use dto livein some flats and occasionally would get flooded - stupid cow above was funny in the head.

Yep its raining out and its a bitch.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I'm putting a flat in and the kitchen is going to be above my parents bedroom in their granny flat. I am going to have to make sure that it doesn't leak.

I'm waiting for the leaky clouds to stop so I can empty the boot of the car.

domtyler

Über Member
I had a nice thirty mile ride out this morning on my own, it's not that bad but does get a bit boring/lonely after a while otherwise I would have kept going. Fell much better for the exercise though. :blush:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
No rain at all here:biggrin: Was abit on the way back, but after a few min's it had cleared up and got nice and warm.:blush: Beutiful!

Top Bottom