Nightrider 2016: London, Bristol, and Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PAPYRUS

Event title: Nightrider 2016
Event dates:
London: 4th/5th June
Bristol: 25th/26th June,
Liverpool: 16th/17th July
Event location: London, Bristol and Liverpool
Event organiser: Classic Tours
Your relationship: Charity Rep.
Cost of entry: £39
Minimum sponsorship: £175
Beneficiary: PAPYRUS Prevention of Young Suicide
Event link: http://www.nightrider.org.uk/

Nightrider is a 100km fully supported night time bike ride through an iconic city.
Join thousands of cyclists to follow the arrows and experience a city like never before, all whilst raising funds for charity.
PAPYRUS is the national charity dedicated to the prevention of young suicide. It operates HOPELineUK, a confidential helpline for young people with thoughts of suicide or those concerned about a young person who may have thoughts of suicide. HOPELineUK is staffed by trained professionals and offers a phone, text and email service. PAPYRUS also offers training, including Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) for anyone over the age of 16, delivers regional outreach and community programmes, and campaigns and influences national policy.
PAPYRUS have a few places in London, Bristol and Liverpool and would love for you to get on board - get in touch at fundraising@papyrus-uk.org to get involved or for more information!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
thirtynine quid!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Actually the full cost is £99, all of which goes to the organisers of the event. This applies if you want to raise money for a charity that's not on their approved list. For that you get food stops, back-up, and a signed route with no marshals. Oh, and a medal.
I like medals. Surely though if you're looking out for arrows you're going to miss most of the sights of the city.

Actually the full cost is £99, all of which goes to the organisers of the event. This applies if you want to raise money for a charity that's not on their approved list. For that you get food stops, back-up, and a signed route with no marshals. Oh, and a medal.
So does this mean that if you raise £175, more than a third of it goes to the organisers and not the charity that people think they are giving to?

Forget the question, the answer is yes. Every charity has paid £60 for each place, not even a discount for buying in bulk, and providing advertising for the event. More than that, the charities have already paid out of pocket for the tickets, if they don't fill them all they could even make a loss on the night.

https://endurancecui.active.com/eve...afetynet&e4h=7e826a9a54527fe24bf920a1ba09c58c

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 16.28.20.jpg

as per the original posting
Fair enough.

I just feel ... sour and curmudgeonly, I suppose. Having worked as a directly employed fundraiser by a charity, screwed to VERY demanding ratios of expenses:income - and seeing these kind of outsourced outfits. I wouldn't have survived probation on a ratio of £99.00 expenses:£175.00 income.

Yup - curmudgeonly.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Having issues using quotes but thanks for the offer, I've got the two medals I wanted. :smile:

Unless there's a spare World's going in which case I'll be round in the morning. I've given up on my very short lived (ok nonexistent) ambition to win one legitimately :smile:

Having issues using quotes but thanks for the offer, I've got the two medals I wanted. :smile:

Unless there's a spare World's going in which case I'll be round in the morning. I've given up on my very short lived (ok nonexistent) ambition to win one legitimately :smile:

No, sorry. Nothing as exotic as that - it's a medal for the Luton and Dunstable Charity Bike Ride.

Top Bottom