Nights Closing In

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Don't know where you are based, but down here in Kent the sun sets latest at 9:20pm (mid summer), so no long evenings here. I really noticed the difference when I first moved down from Merseyside. It went darker much quicker down here.

And when I worked in Perth for a few days, the locals told me they could click off a 5pm and get a full 18 hole round of golf in the summer, before it gets dark.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4916279, member: 9609"]Half past nine tonight I realised I should of had lights with me, (not that I needed them as I seen no other traffic) but it was starting to get dark and I would have looked very irresponsible had anyone come along.

I have been loving these long evenings out till 10, 10:30, but just this last week it seems to becoming to an end :sad:

Won't be this light until beginning May next year[/QUOTE]
You lose 4m 14s today
13.jpg

DRHysted

Guru
I'm the opposite due to early starts. Until a fortnight ago I was managing the off-road sections of my 4am commute without lights, I'm now running both on full power to see the dips and mud. It won't be long and I'll have to start using the road route again.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm up at 5am for work and it's been dark for the last week or so. And it's been getting dark by 9pm.

The shorter daylight hours seem to have kicked in really quickly this year, probably not helped by the cloudy, gloomy weather blocking out the sunlight.

The majority of my rides during the year, either start or finish in the dark, there's a relatively small time window, where I'll get the entire ride done in useable daylight.

Slick

Guru
I've always hated the dark mornings and evening's, but there can be quite a difference from north to south although I do realise it should be from East to West. I still don't need lights for my 6am commute, but it's only a matter of the next few weeks before I do. I can still get a full 18 holes of golf in long before it gets dark. :thumbsup:

I'm up at 5am for work and it's been dark for the last week or so. And it's been getting dark by 9pm.

The shorter daylight hours seem to have kicked in really quickly this year, probably not helped by the cloudy, gloomy weather blocking out the sunlight.
I know the feeling, I was on 'early-turn' last week (first for about 10 weeks). & it was very dark, as I left the house at 04:30, & a bit precarious running through the Woods/along the river bank at about 04:45:laugh:

Likewise, it doesn't seem that long, since I could run through the Woods, when leaving work just after 22:00. & hitting them about 22:20
"Sigh!!"

Top Bottom