Nine out of ten cyclists look absolutely appalling...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Got plenty of rapha kit and it all fits nicely.....but then so does my sportful, castelli, dhb and gore kit too.

Buy what you want and stop giving a monkeys what other people think.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'd rather steal my clothes from a scarecrow that wear Rapha. I was able to quit work in my forties because I didn't waste money on their wares.
Are you sure that's the reason? Not that you chose a job that pays out a very healthy pension?

Nothing to do with ego, I would not walk down the street in a string vest and grubby trackie bottoms plenty would though. That does not give me an ego to massage it just means that I set myself certain standards of dress.

Last time we went all inclusive to Spain there was a guy who only dressed in footbal shorts and flip flops, even for dinner, new he did have an ego.

I understand where you are coming from Screenman. Your comment about having self respect is a very valid point.

Tin Pot

Guru
Being dressed tidily is not being vain, it is about self respect. You obviously care about what people think about you, same thing.

It's one of the first things you notice when someone is depressed or becoming suicidal - they stop looking after themselves. And people notice, and tend to avoid.

As much as I am not a fan of popularity or appearances, it's undeniably of value in a societal context.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Got plenty of rapha kit and it all fits nicely.....but then so does my sportful, castelli, dhb and gore kit too.

Buy what you want and stop giving a monkeys what other people think.

Is that directed a the people criticising the words of Mottram or Mottram himself?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Is that directed a the people criticising the words of Mottram or Mottram himself?
Its directed at all levels of criticism........people slating rapha, aldi, assos and the like. Who gives a shoot what people look like

Care about yourselves first and foremost

Siclo

Veteran
I see the Wednesday morning Rapha cafe ride every week coming the opposite way, quite amusing how you know whether or not you're going to get a wave based on that mornings laundry situation.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Rapha or Sports Direct gear I'd still look a mess, but I don't care.

On Saturday, riding by a canal between Bruges and Oostende, we encountered multiple groups of very serious looking roadies. None of them waved, other than those coming the other way riding two abreast. They waved quite vigorously to suggest that we should single out, not them.
Stay bank side and play chicken as they would be the ones who got wet.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
On Saturday, riding by a canal between Bruges and Oostende, we encountered multiple groups of very serious looking roadies. None of them waved, other than those coming the other way riding two abreast. They waved quite vigorously to suggest that we should single out, not them.
Did you wave quite vigorously to suggest that they were pleasuring themselves? :evil:

Top Bottom